• Thread starter Thread starter Zarozinnia
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

Zarozinnia

Hi everyone,

What a great place this website is!

I am not Catholic, but I pray chaplets and the Rosay (actually, I haven’t prayed the Rosary for some time now…) When I first started praying the Rosary years ago, it was my understanding that I had to pray all 5 of the 15 mysteries at once. I would go around the whole Rosary, which takes me about an hour. Is this the correct way to do it? Or is it possible to do only one mystery per day? For example: Can I start the Rosary with the Creed, meditating on the Annunciation, do one Our Father, 10 Holy Mary’s, one Glory Be and then do the next mystery, the Visitation, the following day (and so on until I’ve finished the whole thing?) This would be more manageable, but I don’t want to do it if it’s not correct.

Thanks everyone!!!

Sara

The Rosary is a private devotion so you are free to pray it however you want.

I used to teach Kindergarten CCE (Catholic Sunday School 😉 ) and we always did one decade at a time. Even a lot of people who pray a whole rosary daily break it up into decades throughout the day.

Enjoy your Rosary. Peace.

I agree. You can pray as much as you like. One decade here and there throughout the day. Following are some links you might like.
ewtn.com/Devotionals/prayers/rosary/index.htm
You can even choose 4 audio recitations here if you want.
web.cheapnet.it/ivanao/secret.html Great info here.
40.png
kmktexas:
The Rosary is a private devotion so you are free to pray it however you want.

I used to teach Kindergarten CCE (Catholic Sunday School 😉 ) and we always did one decade at a time. Even a lot of people who pray a whole rosary daily break it up into decades throughout the day.

Enjoy your Rosary. Peace.

Thank you both so much for your help! I’m so happy! This is fantastic news! Now that I know I can break it down, I know I will be praying the Rosary a lot more, which is great!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back