How to Pray the Rosary?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Melodeonist
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone,

I am very sorry that the Rosary site that I posted is now indicating that there is malware there. Since I cannot edit my post, I flagged it and asked that the link be removed.

I was also getting a malware warning from my antivirus, too, about the website. When I first posted the link, everything was fine, so something must have just happened regarding the website. I would go there myself, and everything was fine before.
 
Aside from the ‘how’, this morning the topic of ‘what mysteries’ was posed by our pastor. In our parish the rosary is prayed before every Mass. Today, he heard the sorrowful mysteries being prayed because ‘it is lent’. Father offered that every Sunday is a celebration of the resurrection and that he wondered when the practice of the sorrowful mysteries was started. We mentioned, , too, that during Advent we prayed the joyful mysteries.

Can anyone offer a resource where this is addressed? I believe our pastor has a valid point.

Thank you.
It’s nothing “official”.
The practice pops up because people like to link their prayers with the various Liturgical seasons, so reflecting on the Passion seems appropriate fro the season of Lent.
Makes sense to me. There is a pious practice of praying “certain mysteries on certain days” but it’s only a suggestion, not a must do for anyone.
People who love the Glorious mysteries are free to pray those anytime they wish.

For what it’s worth, I think it depends more on where you live, and the particular training of your pastor. Around here, the priests are not enthusiastic about praying the rosary before Mass, preferring that people meditate on the Mass prior to it’s beginning or the readings of the day. Just a different outlook, not a mandate of any sort.
As pastor, he is free to make any suggestions to his flock that he deems worthy. for their spiritual well-being. 🙂
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top