How to proply meditate on the mysteries of the rosary?

• Thread starter Thread starter Montie_Claunch
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Montie_Claunch

I was wondering. I have some stuff i want to pray to god about and I would also like Mary to intercede for me as weel. But, scince I am not Catholic yet I don’t know how yet. I know the prayers that go along with it (except the “hail Loly Queen” which I am working on) but, how are we supposed to meditate on the mysteries? In a coherent story or in still frame images? or just thoughts? also when on the beads do you go from right side around to the left or from the left side around to the right? Thanks and God bless.

I don’t think there’s any right or wrong way to meditate on the mysteries. I try to imagine the event and also think about the lessons that it teaches me.

Here’s a great resource if you’re struggling with the meditations: virtualrosary.org/dload.php

It has a Scripture verse for each Hail Mary about the mystery you are currently on.

Montie Claunch:
I was wondering. I have some stuff i want to pray to god about and I would also like Mary to intercede for me as weel. But, scince I am not Catholic yet I don’t know how yet. I know the prayers that go along with it (except the “hail Loly Queen” which I am working on) but, how are we supposed to meditate on the mysteries? In a coherent story or in still frame images? or just thoughts? also when on the beads do you go from right side around to the left or from the left side around to the right? Thanks and God bless.
Hello Montie -

Here’s a thing you can print out and keep with you. It’s pretty thorough.

How to Recite the Holy Rosary.

For the mysteries, read the passages listed in the Bible to familiarize yourself with them. You can also look for Christian art that depicts the stories to help visualize them. No, it’s not idol worship. This is one way Catholics use images to remind ourselves of the persons and places in Christianity.

For the sorrowful mysteries, you can watch “The Passion of the Christ” and get picture images to remember. (That’s what I’ve done.)

When you’re done with the rosary, add in your intentions at the end.

Hope this helps.
With Christ,
Subrosa

the rosary is a guided meditation on the events in the life of Jesus, as told in the gospels, which is freely available to all Christians. Most of these are in Luke’s gospel, so you can simply read those chapters and portions, and meditate on those scripture verses. There are many guides available that point to the relevent verses. It is not required that you say the Hail Mary prayers, although you may wish to recite the Our Father prayerfully and thoughtfully before you begin your meditation on each event or “mystery”, and end with the Doxology, since these prayers are shared by all Christians. You may use beads if they help you meditate or any other aid that helps you focus on the gospels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back