A
AlexanderC
Guest
I was having a discussion with my Baptist Father about Catholicism and he eventually posted this link: wayoflife.org/index_files/you…stand_rcc.html.
Earlier I posted this and asked how might I respond to such accusations, I certainly received some great responses (and for that I thank those who did!), but one pointed out that it probably wasn’t the best idea to just paste the article and wait. The user (dmar198), suggested that I should perhaps just post each individual claim the author makes, one at a time (spread out of course, not consecutively). So I shall take that advice, starting with the first:
The author says: That Catholic apologists (Scott Hahn, Peter Kreeft, etc.) are not authoritative and therefore he doesn’t need to read them.
That kind of puts a damper on things when I try and discuss, considering a lot of the stuff I get and use are from Apologists. How might I respond to this?
Thank you ahead of time!!!
Earlier I posted this and asked how might I respond to such accusations, I certainly received some great responses (and for that I thank those who did!), but one pointed out that it probably wasn’t the best idea to just paste the article and wait. The user (dmar198), suggested that I should perhaps just post each individual claim the author makes, one at a time (spread out of course, not consecutively). So I shall take that advice, starting with the first:
The author says: That Catholic apologists (Scott Hahn, Peter Kreeft, etc.) are not authoritative and therefore he doesn’t need to read them.
That kind of puts a damper on things when I try and discuss, considering a lot of the stuff I get and use are from Apologists. How might I respond to this?
Thank you ahead of time!!!