How to set up a fatima shrine

• Thread starter Thread starter jay_2
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jay_2

i have a fatima statue 12" and a lil pot of white flowers next to it a candle and a votive it stands on a little table in my room so whats is ur fav mary statue and how have u made a shrine to it some good ideas please thanks

My favorite images of Mary are la Virgen de Guadalupe and the Miraculous Medal, neither of which is a statue, but which are a painting (for lack of a better word) and a bas-relief, respectively. I have not made any shrines featuring either, but were I to do so I might do something much like what you have done. I would probably also have an image of Jesus there. I particularly think an image of the Divine Mercy goes particularly well with an image of Our Lady of Guadalupe, especially if both are presented in a complementary artistic style, such as these icons:

.http://www.stmary-woodstock.org/divine_mercy_icon.jpg.http://www.stmary-woodstock.org/juan_diego.jpg.

The downward angles of the rays from Christ’s Heart are mirrored in the position os St Juan Diego’s arms, and the red and white colors of the rays are mirrored in the roses and the fabric of the tilma. These icons are available in several sizes and media from monasteryicons.com.

jay 2:
i have a fatima statue 12" and a lil pot of white flowers next to it a candle and a votive it stands on a little table in my room so whats is ur fav mary statue and how have u made a shrine to it some good ideas please thanks
come on people write some things down then i need help

Does your statue of Our Lady of Fatima rest directly on the table? If it is maybe you can place it on a little pedestal and raise it up a bit. Maybe place a crucifix on the table as well or hang it above. If there’s enough room on your table can rest your bible, rosary, or prayerbooks there. You could drape the table with fabric or hang some on the wall behind the statue and maybe even change the color with the liturgical seasons. Just some ideas

Ok well heres what I did.

I placed our Lady of Fatima’s statue on a little table which was covered with a white cloth. I have one candle beside Our Lady.

To the left and the right were a picture of Blessed Jacinta and Francisco as well as some flowers.

I found some old crystal stones from an old lampshade / rosary and placed 12 of them on the wall around her head like a halo. They glistened beautifully in the candle light during prayer time or when the sun shone on them.

I have now added a picture of Sr Lucia and the late Holy Father John Paul II as they obviously have a huge part to play in the Fatima message.

At the base of Our Lady’s feet is the daily missal with the Mass reading of the day on display. There for anyone to come and have a read.

I have placed a happy death crucifix on the table; my rosary hangs from Our Lady’s hands. A brown scapular also hangs from her hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back