How we pray the Rosary

• Thread starter Thread starter Holland
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Holland

More often than not I have one maybe two people on my mind when I pray the Rosary. By the end of the Rosary I have added so many people that I have a hard time concentrating on the Mysteries. Any help I can get on how to organize this a little better would be appreciated. Also, I never pray for myself and someone mentioned I should. I have always counted on others for that. Should I be praying for myself?

+JMJ+

When ever I say my rosary I think of all those that need my prayersthe most before I start and then mention them before I announce the first mystery.After I mention them I say and for the whole world.That way I cover everybody I have forgoten and the people I dont know and have never met, but might need my prayers.As for praying for one self,I always pray for myself.If you look at it praying for your self is a sign of humilty because you are admitting you need prayers.So in my opinion I think all people should pray for themselves.This is how I pray my rosary I hope it helps some. 😃

God bless you and Mary keep you! 🙂

40.png
Holland:
More often than not I have one maybe two people on my mind when I pray the Rosary. By the end of the Rosary I have added so many people that I have a hard time concentrating on the Mysteries. Any help I can get on how to organize this a little better would be appreciated. Also, I never pray for myself and someone mentioned I should. I have always counted on others for that. Should I be praying for myself?
The following is a prayer I pray immediately before the Rosary so I can concentrate on the Mysteries once I have started the Rosary. This way you can pray for your own intentions and those of others.

Queen of the Holy Rosary, you came to Fatima to reveal to the three shepherd children the treasures of grace hidden in the Rosary. Inspire my heart with a sincere love of this devotion, in order that by meditating on the Mysteries of our Redemption which are recalled in it, I may obtain peace for the world, the conversion of sinners, amd the favour which I ask of you in this Rosary (Mention your request for self/others). I ask it for the greater glory of God, for your own honour, and for the good of souls, especially for my own. Amen.

Hi Holland,

It is not necessary to meditate on the mysteries all the time. Sometimes when I tend to be distracted, I just announce the mysteries and say each Hail Mary for a different person.

But there is an easy way to keep your mind on the mysteries. It is the suggestion of John Paul II to add a sentence after " and the fruit of your womb, Jesus". For example, in the first Joyous Mystery, you can say, “and blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus, who, for us, became man.” This has the added advantage of keeping the Rosary Christ-centered.

Verbum

Holland:

In addition to Thistle’s suggestion of the Fatima Prayer Before the Rosary you can also say the Our Lady of the Rosary Novena. A copy of which is here ewtn.com/Devotionals/novena/ol_rosary.htm

Personally, I alternate between them on certain occasions but both offer the opportunity to insert your petitions to Our Lady.

40.png
Holland:
When I feel led to pray for a person I write their name down on a piece of paper and look at it before I start praying. Then when I pray I know it is not necessary for me to think of the person when am praying, but about the Lord. He knows what my intentions are.

And, of course you can pray for yourself. That shows the Lord that you are dependent on him, and he is all too willing to help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back