Human Nature: Inherently Good or Evil?

  • Thread starter Thread starter FuzzyBunny116
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I say our natures are created good and is wounded by original sin ( as a previous poster noted) but instead of an inclination towards to evil I say we are dominantly concluded towards good even through the evil in the world…why else would there be a searching for truth in the world and ultimately for God through our questions.? I think our nature is good but not separate from our old nature ( ie… evil desires and sins) unless we repent and constantly pray to our God we won’t purge ourselves to the pure nature of holiness. But I’m not there yet…:o
 
When God created the world, He said “It is good.”
When God created man in His own image, He said, “It is very good.”
The TV preacher asked the question, “What did Eve eat?”
Eve ate that (a thought) which was not of God.
I don’t know how to link Einstein’s answer to the question of evil. It seems this is a relevant spot for it.
 
When God created the world, He said “It is good.”
When God created man in His own image, He said, “It is very good.”
The TV preacher asked the question, “What did Eve eat?”
Eve ate that (a thought) which was not of God.
I don’t know how to link Einstein’s answer to the question of evil. It seems this is a relevant spot for it.
This largely reflects the fundamental differences between Catholic and Orthodox :rolleyes:

Everything that God creates is good. Even Satan when he was first created was good. But God gave Intelligent Life ‘free-will’.

I do not understand the conceptualisation of ‘a thought’ as something one eats.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top