Hurricane Charley headed to Florida gulf coast

• Thread starter Thread starter puppylove
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

puppylove

As a Southern Louisianaian, I want to ask everyone to pray with the Blessed Mother that when the Hurricane Charley makes landfall it weakens. Presently it is a category 4 storm packing winds at 145 mph and is expected to be a category 5 storm packing winds 160 mph when it makes landfall. Just 2 years ago, Hurricane Lily, a category 4 storm, was headed to the Louisiana gulf coast. When the storm made landfall, it became a category 2. Because of the strong Catholic faith of the people of the Louisiana gulf coast, many people have proclaimed it was their devotions and prayers to our Blessed Mother that changed to strength of the storm. To this day, storm forecasters cannot not explain this mystery.

Be safe Puppy! Use this prayer also.

Prayer or Blessing Against Storms
Jesus Christ a King of Glory has come in Peace. God became man, and the Word was made flesh. Christ was born of a Virgin. Christ suffered. Christ was crucified. Christ died. Christ rose from the dead. Christ ascended into Heaven. Christ conquers. Christ reigns. Christ orders. May Christ protect us from all storms and lightning Christ went through their midst in Peace, and the word was made flesh. Christ is with us with Mary. Flee you enemy spirits because the Lion of the Generation of Judah, the Root David, has won. Holy God! Holy Powerful God! Holy Immortal God! Have mercy on us. Amen!

My sister and her family live in Tampa and St. Petersburg…:eek:

Please pray for all…

40.png
Annunciata:

Please pray for all…
Have they evacuated? I’ve never been through a major storm. The last major storm that hit us directly here where I live (half way between New Orleans & Baton Rouge) was Besty in 1965 just a year before I was born. My parents say that it was pretty bad and they wouldn’t stay for another direct hit. I will offer my rosary up tonight to the people in Florida including your sister and her family.:gopray:

Hurricane Charley hit between Fort Meyers and Punta Gorda about 110 miles southeast of Tampa/St. Petersburg area as a category 4 storm packing winds 145 mph. Storm surge of 10 - 20 feet are expected. Please pray for these people.

40.png
puppylove:
Have they evacuated? I’ve never been through a major storm. The last major storm that hit us directly here where I live (half way between New Orleans & Baton Rouge) was Besty in 1965 just a year before I was born. My parents say that it was pretty bad and they wouldn’t stay for another direct hit. I will offer my rosary up tonight to the people in Florida including your sister and her family.:gopray:
Thanks Puppy,
The last I heard from them, an e-mail late last night they were going to try to tough in out…I can’t get through to her and she hasn’t replied…They have been through this before and have evacuated…hoping they did, it doesn’t sound good at all.
Annunciata:(

40.png
Annunciata:

Please pray for all…
I will remember them as others in prayer.
My mother and brother live in West Palm Beach
Its really scary I haven’t heard from them since yesterday.

I’ve just finished praying the rosary and offered it up to the people in Florida. I’ll be watching and praying.

40.png
aimee:
I will remember them as others in prayer.
My mother and brother live in West Palm Beach
Its really scary I haven’t heard from them since yesterday.
Aimee: Were they evacuating? Its very normal to loose power before the storm hits. WE lost power last September with a storm (Isadore) that didn’t devastate my area of Louisiana, but did cause a whole bunch of flooding just south of us. My prayers are with you and your mother and brother.

Did you see the news? Charlie took a ‘sudden turn’ from the Tampa St. Pete area headed for the east… I don’t know Puppy and Aimee but I really think our prayers helped…

Thanks again…I hope you hear from your families soon…I still haven’t heard anything. I supsect that most power is out…
God Bless, Annunciata:)

Just heard from my sister…they are all FINE!!! Thanks be to God. :bowdown2:

Their friends were’nt so lucky…lost everything…they live in Port Charlotte…from what she said, it was considered category 5 when it hit there!:eek:

Now…it’s headed for New England!:eek: :eek:

Thanks again for all the prayers and let’s continue to pray for all.
Annunciata:)

Just watching CNN and saw the damage in Punta Gorda. The devastation is unbelieveable. I was afraid of that and was very worried for those who decided to ride out the storm. Hurricanes are very dangerous. Aimee, I pray your family is okay. Annunicata, thank God your family is okay. I will continue praying.:gopray: Puppy

Well, we survived - Praise God!

Minimal damage to our home (one screen on our porch came down, but it was easily repaired; a few branches down but all trees still standing strong; no broken windows or cars), and we got our power back on this afternoon. DD and I spent some of the time making rosaries - dh says that helped.

Our church had power this morning, so we were able to go to Mass. 😃 It’s one of the few places in the neighborhood that did have power. No damage to the building, either. Our pastor attributed this to the protection of our Blessed Mother. I think the Adoration chapel might have something to do with it as well…

Godspeed to all those still cleaning up!:blessyou:

h(name removed by moderator)2four: You better believe that making those rosaries helped. The one thing we can always count on is the Blessed Mother’s intercession. *I watched a man in Punta Goda being interviewed on CNN and his trailer was the only one standing. His faith in God was very strong and he wasn’t afraid to admit it! *Where you guys scared when the storm came threw? There is another storm out there, “Earl”, which we will need to watch. I’ve told my dh that if that storm comes our way we are packing up the puppies and our children and heading north. God Bless you and your family. Puppy

40.png
puppylove:
Where you guys scared when the storm came threw?
A little. My teenagers wanted to leave the curtains open so they could watch - geesh! Fortunately, there’s a large screen porch between our window and the outside world; plus, it was so dark we couldn’t see much. It was a wicked wind, though.
40.png
puppylove:
There is another storm out there, “Earl”, which we will need to watch. I’ve told my dh that if that storm comes our way we are packing up the puppies and our children and heading north. God Bless you and your family. Puppy
From what I last heard, Earl is fizzling out a bit. However, we should know more by Wednesday. Our biggest weather problem right now is the normal afternoon thunderstorms we get each day. Makes the repair work slow-going. Keep praying!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back