C
Cindee03
Guest
Hello, I am new here and seeking some answers. I have been married a little over two years and it’s “rocky” already to put it mildly. We were married in the Catholic Church, both catholic. This is my 2nd marriage (the first was annulled) and my husband’s first. We are mature people - (early 50’s), no children. We went through the premarital counseling, and I thought we were being honest. We did not live together before marriage.
As time went on, I began to notice little things after marriage, his short temper, lack of affection, we just don’t get along; now we have almost no intimacy and our attendance at mass has become pretty much non-existent. We don’t seem to have much in common. When I ask questions about a lot of things that I didn’t notice before marriage, his answer is: “oh I forgot” or “I didn’t think it was important”. When I discussed Advent and weere we going to Confession and get active in church again, he told me he had NEVER gone to Confession, since he had been confirmed as a child! When we were at the Engaged Encounter, confession was offered. I went, he did not. I guess I didn’t question it; before the marriage, I was under the impression he was attending mass and that he knew he should have gone in good conscience, but he did not.
I catch him in lies about other things and feel like he’s witholding the truth about other things, and I wonder if my marriage is valid now. I’m sad and I just don’t feel as if I can trust him. We are in Counseling, but my faith and hope are just not strong anymore…by not going to Confession, are we both living in a state of sin?
Cindee
As time went on, I began to notice little things after marriage, his short temper, lack of affection, we just don’t get along; now we have almost no intimacy and our attendance at mass has become pretty much non-existent. We don’t seem to have much in common. When I ask questions about a lot of things that I didn’t notice before marriage, his answer is: “oh I forgot” or “I didn’t think it was important”. When I discussed Advent and weere we going to Confession and get active in church again, he told me he had NEVER gone to Confession, since he had been confirmed as a child! When we were at the Engaged Encounter, confession was offered. I went, he did not. I guess I didn’t question it; before the marriage, I was under the impression he was attending mass and that he knew he should have gone in good conscience, but he did not.
I catch him in lies about other things and feel like he’s witholding the truth about other things, and I wonder if my marriage is valid now. I’m sad and I just don’t feel as if I can trust him. We are in Counseling, but my faith and hope are just not strong anymore…by not going to Confession, are we both living in a state of sin?
Cindee