D
disotb
Guest
I am a recent convert to Catholicism and when I converted I had an IUD already in from after my first pregnancy (less than a year). Me and my husband both went through Catholic marriage preparation and said that we were open to having children. After joining the Catholic church I didn’t want the IUD in anymore and after talking with my husband about it I made an appointment and had it removed (with him less than thrilled). I got pregnant that week. When I told him, instead of being happy he gave me the silent treatment and it made me feel very alone. I talked to him and he told me that he is nervous about how we are going to afford another baby. We are on public assistance and poor but I feel that even if we are poor we should do what is right and that things will work out if we just trust in God. He already said that he wants me to go on the pill after this pregnancy but I don’t feel comfortable using contraception anymore. What should I do? I just want to do what is right and follow God’s will, but I can’t have children if I’m going to be all on my own having them or have to destroy my marriage and my children lose their father. I’m so confused and feel like crying…what should I do?