Hypothetical Orthodox v. Catholic question

  • Thread starter Thread starter BrianLC
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BrianLC

Guest
there are three RC Chruches where I live and one Eastern Orthodox church. I know that when there is no Catholic Church available it is ok to recieve Orthodox sacraments. what if because of weather or some other reason all RCC Masses in my town are canceled but the Orthodox liturgy is not and I can make it to the Orthodox Church, is it acceptable for me to attend or even am I obligated to?
 
You would never be obligated to go to the Orthodox church, but if you are curious, just go! I would not receive the sacraments there (mostly because that is their preference) but you can appreciate and learn from their beautiful way of worship.
 
there are three RC Chruches where I live and one Eastern Orthodox church. I know that when there is no Catholic Church available it is ok to recieve Orthodox sacraments. what if because of weather or some other reason all RCC Masses in my town are canceled but the Orthodox liturgy is not and I can make it to the Orthodox Church, is it acceptable for me to attend or even am I obligated to?
If there is no Catholic mass, there is no obligation.

You can attend the Divine Liturgy in an Orthodox Church if you so choose. The Catholic Church recognizes their sacraments as valid, and allows Catholics to receive them. However, the Orthodox do not allow non-Orthodox to receive, so you should respect their prohibition.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top