I’m scared Anxious and Confused

• Thread starter Thread starter Devoted2God
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Devoted2God

Alright I know that we shall not know the day nor the hour but there are so many prophecies that say that we’re in or near the whole big end of the world scenario (because obviously we’ve been in the end times since the Ascension). But yeah like I keep seeing online there’s like thousands of prophecies that say we’re in the end times and it’s scaring me. Like also there is people claiming that they’ve received prophetic visions that we are indeed in the Last days and the big end of the world scenario (with the whole Antichrist and all of that stuff), like is there any approved private revelations that indicate we are in the dark times of the End of the world? Please just help me out with these questions. Thank you and God Bless

God is with us.

Matthew 10
28 And fear ye not them that kill the body, and are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him that can destroy both soul and body in hell. 29 Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and not one of them shall fall on the ground without your Father. 30 But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31 Fear not therefore: better are you than many sparrows.
Matthew 11
28 Come to me, all you that labour, and are burdened, and I will refresh you. 29 Take up my yoke upon you, and learn of me, because I am meek, and humble of heart: and you shall find rest to your souls. 30 For my yoke is sweet and my burden light.
Matthew 28
19 Going therefore, teach ye all nations; baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and behold I am with you all days, even to the consummation of the world.

We’ve been in the End Times since Jesus ascended to Heaven.

Stop reading stuff online if it’s scaring you. Be Not Afraid.

By the way, didn’t you used to post here before asking all the same questions?

You might need to see a mental health professional. This is not your first post on this in the past few days. I also sent you a PM, which you did not respond to, trying to help you. The internet is not your friend. Go talk with real people, and stop listening to crazies who say they have received “end times” revelations - they HAVEN’T.

Relax, a thousand times. By the way, the end is A GOOD THING. Jesus will be back!

-K

I’m now past halfway to a century of life. Honestly, I cannot count the number of.times there have been thousands believing the end of the world is here.

In my early 20s there was a very widely held belief that the world would end in September of that year. I was so utterly convinced, I formed a new band and spent the summer taking the message around my region.

One of our songs was called “No October”, that one came before I would give the plea for people to get saved, I would cry and plead with them. Often the club owner or event sponsor would refuse to pay us because they had not booked us to be preaching, but, that was okay for us because the world was ending.

The night it was to happen, I and my best friend sat up waiting.

Next day, life went on as normal. That began a time where I basically stopped practicing Christianity and was for all intents and purposes an agnostic.

Thank God He led me to the Catholic Church, however, that took nearly a decade.

Trust God, trust the Church. He warned us about people who would predict the end of days. Don’t follow them, Satan uses these false prophets to tear at people’s faith.

Stand strong. Stop listening to these things.

The important thing is that we live every day as if the end of time is tomorrow. Be ready to meet Him. Rejoice in the joyful hope of His return.

I’m 60, and I remember all of the end time books and popular media in the 70s saying the world was ending. My friends and I talked about not bringing children into this world.

Hal Lindsey, one of the writers, is still apparently around with a “prophecy” ministry. The world, however, is still here. I think every generation believed it just couldn’t get any worse and this must be the end.

And yet, here we are. Since NO ONE BUT THE FATHER knows when the end is coming, don’t believe those who say they know.

Last edited:
@Devoted2God, God is already with you and already helping to prepare you to meet Him whether that comes at the end of days or the end of your days. Keep yourself open to Him and don’t worry about when He is coming. If you really think you are not prepared for His arrival then I suggest the first thing you work on is trusting Him.

Whenever I start to worry about the times, I read history and see that craziness is the norm.

Various small groups of Christian’s have been saying the end is near for 2000 years. And there have been worse times than this on which to base that!

but there are so many prophecies that say that we’re in or near the whole big end of the world scenario
Stop right there. There are no CATHOLIC prophecies that say this.

Non Catholic so-called prophecies and end times nonsense is just that NONSENSE.
But yeah like I keep seeing online there’s like thousands of prophecies that say we’re in the end times and it’s scaring me.
Then stop looking at them. I go online every day and don’t see a single “prophecy” of the end times, so you are clearly seeking out this sort of thing or frequenting some esoteric websites.
like is there any approved private revelations that indicate we are in the dark times of the End of the world?
NO.

Our Lord says to Watch for no one knows the day or hour that the Son of Man will return. It’s always a good idea to go to confession at least once a month and to stay away from mortal sin. We can only do so much to be prepared. But I wouldn’t be afraid more excited to see Him. Don’t worry about it just live your life.

Only God knows whether this is it or not, but the Church does teach that things get bad at the end (see CCC 675-677). But, as the second reading from Sunday told us, we have nothing to worry about if we stay in the state of grace:
Rom. 8:35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 36 As it is written, “For thy sake we are being killed all the day long; we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered.” 37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am sure that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, 39 nor height, nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
And what comes after is something to look forward to:
Rev. 21:1 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more.[a] 2 And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband; 3 and I heard a great voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling of God is with men. He will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself will be with them;[c] 4 he will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning nor crying nor pain any more, for the former things have passed away.”

But yeah like I keep seeing online there’s like thousands of prophecies that say we’re in the end times and it’s scaring me.
We’ve been in the end times for 2000 years.

And yeah, throughout that whole time, there have been many who keep saying “it’s right around the corner! beware!”. (NB: in other words, they’ve all been wrong.)
is there any approved private revelations that indicate we are in the dark times of the End of the world?
Think of it this way: Jesus told us that we will not know the day or the hour. Putative “private revelations” are judged based on their conformity to Scripture and Church teaching. So, if a “private revelation” named an end date, or means by which we could know that date… then by definition they’d be invalid.

So, the short answer is “no, there aren’t any that meet your criteria.”

Be of good faith. Keep yourself in a state of grace. It’s all good… 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back