I buried St.Joseph statue did I do it right please?

• Thread starter Thread starter perplexed
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

perplexed

Our home has been on market 1.5 years no offers. I have had Saint Joseph statue for about 13 months and we have said prayer that came with it (we are Catholic) but not every night like we did. I finally got the nerve to bury him tonight.(I just could not do it)

I buried him upside down facing house but you know how you make flower beds next to your home and they stick out about 2.5 feet or so and you have that black edging. I dug a little hole right on the inside of that edging and stuck him in his little bag and push him down as much as I could and covered that with mulch. Is that good enough or do I have to completly cover him with dirt?

I just feel bad having him in there but I felt led to bury him.
Thanks this board is great! Say a prayer please

I implore you to unbury the statue and trust in God. Praying for St Joseph to intercede for you for God’s help is very good but not using a statue as a superstitious object. Superstition should not be part of Catholic life. Trust God through prayer and the intercession of Saints is what will help you best. Also, maybe take a look around the house and see what might be hurting the sale, could the price be too high in a “soft” market? Are there too many repairs to be done? Are you in competition with newer homes? Is your real estate agent not right for you? There are many factors that affect the sale of a home.

PS: You mention that you feel bad having “him” in there… perhaps that is telling you something. Also, you don’t have HIM in there, you have a statue in there… the statue will do nothing for you, but, praying for his intercession in faith (not as a superstition) just may help you.

This is from the ask an apologist thread.

forums.catholic-questions.org/showthread.php?t=37277&highlight=bury+joseph

This is a thread:
forums.catholic-questions.org/showthread.php?t=13394&highlight=bury+joseph

I am selling my house right now and I do have a St. Joseph buried upside by the sign facing the street. It is completely covered. We said the prayer and then a 9 day novena. We still haven’t sold it yet.

I have heard from people who bury him the house sells quickly but then there are those that would disagree. Who knows.

40.png
Jenlyn:
This is from the ask an apologist thread.

forums.catholic-questions.org/showthread.php?t=37277&highlight=bury+joseph

This is a thread:
forums.catholic-questions.org/showthread.php?t=13394&highlight=bury+joseph

I am selling my house right now and I do have a St. Joseph buried upside by the sign facing the street. It is completely covered. We said the prayer and then a 9 day novena. We still haven’t sold it yet.

I have heard from people who bury him the house sells quickly but then there are those that would disagree. Who knows.
It’s not the statue, or how it is buried or not. To sell our houses, I always placed it on the mantel, and trusted God to sell it at the proper time.

Sometimes God answers with a NO, though we may not see the good in it until much later.

I had tried to sell some property I owned as a rental in 1999 just prior to the technology bubble crash and the resulting loss of fortunes that many endured. My intent was to put the proceeds into the market to partake in the tremendous gains that so many were talking about, and to escape the hardships landlords face with negligent renters.

Whoa! Had I sold them, I would have lost about 70% of my invested capital. As it turned out, there were three buyers, all of whom were not able to obtain financing. I was so disappointed, but trusted God, nevertheless. So in these last six years, I fully received my asking price from rent proceeds, and I still own the property which can be listed for a higher price than in 1999 due to the increased appreciation in land.

Truly in 1999, I could not foresee the crash lurking just around the corner, and God protected me so wonderfully with His providential “NO.” It may just not be time yet, my friend - perhaps you could explore this with Our Lord in prayer?

🙂 Carole

I realize God is in charge here and our home will sell in his time. I pray daily that our home will sell and yes I pray for St. Joe to intercede too.

I think our faith is being tested as well as our nerves.
Please pray our home sells

SHORT ANSWER:

There isn’t a right way - all are wrong. 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back