I confess ...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Confessions
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
AMEN! I ran a marthon last October, and most of my skinny friends can’t even powerwalk down the block. 👍
I’m one of those weird people that in order for me to lose weight, I have to eat practically nothing.
When I was in Nashville, my diet was diet pills, cigarettes, alcohol, and energy drinks. Yep, that is healthy, because I was a size 4 (but still too fat according to my manager). 😛 No matter that my hair was falling out, I was sick all the time, and was lighted headed. I had no energy, and once when I was singing, I actually forgot what I was doing in the studio. :confused: <---- me. But Photoshop does miracles, and in pictures, I looked good. But as my mom said, I looked like death. And she would try to feed me, and I would scream and kick the table over. Yep, super healthy there. Even salads were forbidden. It couldn’t be chugged, popped, or inhaled, so it was out.
So it ticks me off when someone says that all overweight girls are unhealthy. Sure, there are some overweight people who sit around and eat all day, but I know a lot of skinny people who do the same thing.
Your right about this. Weight doesn’t show everything.

Having said that, physical activity is important in a relationship-.Speaking just for me, it’s very important. I like to run, hike, play outside, etc. A male or female with a weight problem might not have the physical stamina.

If someone was larger, and phyiscally not able to do those things, it would be a detriment. If they were larger but could do those things, then there is no problem with it.

Something to remember though-if you struggle with your weight at 25, when your 45 it could be a much more different situation.

No offense to anyone please.
 
another thing for the OP is that while standards may be high as a young person once you get past the late 20’s almost any woman who is reasonably healthy and not grotesque starts to look ok.
 
Your right about this. Weight doesn’t show everything.

Having said that, physical activity is important in a relationship-.Speaking just for me, it’s very important. I like to run, hike, play outside, etc. A male or female with a weight problem might not have the physical stamina.

If someone was larger, and phyiscally not able to do those things, it would be a detriment. If they were larger but could do those things, then there is no problem with it.

Something to remember though-if you struggle with your weight at 25, when your 45 it could be a much more different situation.

No offense to anyone please.
No offense taken.
I like physical activity as well. Since I don’t have a car, I have to either walk or take the bus. One of my favorite things to do is walk around downtown Seattle.
And once my broken foot heals, I’ll be back at the gym doing kickboxing. 😃 I can keep up with people. 🙂 And no, these aren’t fat people classes.
And the reason I struggle with my weight, because I screwed up my metabolism when I was younger. My body acts like it is starving and holds on to everything. Oops. I am losing weight at about 3-4 pounds a week, with eating around 1000 calories a day (diet planned by doctor). I’m at the point where I have to buy new clothes. 😃
 
another thing for the OP is that while standards may be high as a young person once you get past the late 20’s almost any woman who is reasonably healthy and not grotesque starts to look ok.
There is hope for me yet! 😃 I’m healthy and not grotesque! tries on wedding dresses and buys wedding magazines
 
No offense taken.
I like physical activity as well. Since I don’t have a car, I have to either walk or take the bus. One of my favorite things to do is walk around downtown Seattle.
And once my broken foot heals, I’ll be back at the gym doing kickboxing. 😃 I can keep up with people. 🙂 And no, these aren’t fat people classes.
**And the reason I struggle with my weight, because I screwed up my metabolism when I was younger. ** My body acts like it is starving and holds on to everything. Oops. I am losing weight at about 3-4 pounds a week, with eating around 1000 calories a day (diet planned by doctor). I’m at the point where I have to buy new clothes. 😃
Out of curiosity, what did you do to screw up your metabolism?
 
Out of curiosity, what did you do to screw up your metabolism?
When I was in Nashville, I didn’t eat much (see previous posts), and caused my body to go into starvation mode. And it is still in that mode, my metabolism is so sluggish now, it has gotten better throughout the years. That’s why yo-yo dieting is horrible for a person’s health.
So if you want to lose weight, don’t starve yourself. It causes the body to freak out, and hold on to every calorie. We are supposed to be eating small meals every couple hours to keep the blood sugar up.
 
When I was in Nashville, I didn’t eat much (see previous posts), and caused my body to go into starvation mode. And it is still in that mode, my metabolism is so sluggish now, it has gotten better throughout the years. That’s why yo-yo dieting is horrible for a person’s health.
I think my mom is a bit like that, though she didn’t yo-yo diet. She hardly eats but she’s overweight, and her body temperature is nearly 2 degrees below normal and she’s always cold.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top