O
osohappy
Guest
I GOTTA JOB!!! :extrahappy: :dancing:
OK, it’s NOT permanent, and it’s not writing per se, but it will pay the bills and keep me under a roof!!
The job is with the U.S. Census, which means it will last a minimum of about 18 months–maybe a little more. I’ve been hired to help train those who will do the doorknocking and getting the data out in the streets, then help compile all the data to send off to DC.
Since the Census doesn’t actually go into the active phase (phone and door to door surveys, etc.) until 2010, that means I have a fairly long stretch of employment ahead of me.
God willing, I can use the time to seek out employment as a writer, sharpen my writing skills, etc. I’m planning on maybe starting a history blog so that others can see what I write. It will be one step closer to doing the writing that can (hopefully) be published in a book. The journey of a thousand miles…
Thank all of you for praying. One of the things I did to keep myself from getting too down (and giving in to the temptation to stay in bed most of the day) was to go to morning mass at the Catholic Church down the street from me. Once I was up, showered, dressed, presentable and out the door, I found I was not likely to go back to bed and stay miserable!
I’m not Catholic, but I’ve attended masses elsewhere before and was fairly familiar with the ritual (do I stand or do I kneel? Why do they hold hands for the the Lord’s Prayer??)
It really helped end my isolation during the week, and gave me other things and people to pray about besides myself. I was in great danger of turning into your basic selfish pig in the midst of this.
I start work this Monday (Feb 2), so no more weekday masses, just my regular church attendance on Sundays at my church. (I’m gonna miss seeing the kindergarteners from the Catholic school go forward for blessing every Friday!)
Thanks for the prayers and concern. If you want to pray some more for me, pray that I will do the new job well and be a blessing to my employer and coworkers. Pray also for direction in the start of a writing career–that I will remain disciplined, make the contacts with people I need, etc.
Thanks again, and may God bless you all!:hug3: :grouphug:
(I put another copy of this on the end of my original request for prayer)
OK, it’s NOT permanent, and it’s not writing per se, but it will pay the bills and keep me under a roof!!
The job is with the U.S. Census, which means it will last a minimum of about 18 months–maybe a little more. I’ve been hired to help train those who will do the doorknocking and getting the data out in the streets, then help compile all the data to send off to DC.
Since the Census doesn’t actually go into the active phase (phone and door to door surveys, etc.) until 2010, that means I have a fairly long stretch of employment ahead of me.
God willing, I can use the time to seek out employment as a writer, sharpen my writing skills, etc. I’m planning on maybe starting a history blog so that others can see what I write. It will be one step closer to doing the writing that can (hopefully) be published in a book. The journey of a thousand miles…
Thank all of you for praying. One of the things I did to keep myself from getting too down (and giving in to the temptation to stay in bed most of the day) was to go to morning mass at the Catholic Church down the street from me. Once I was up, showered, dressed, presentable and out the door, I found I was not likely to go back to bed and stay miserable!
I’m not Catholic, but I’ve attended masses elsewhere before and was fairly familiar with the ritual (do I stand or do I kneel? Why do they hold hands for the the Lord’s Prayer??)
It really helped end my isolation during the week, and gave me other things and people to pray about besides myself. I was in great danger of turning into your basic selfish pig in the midst of this.
I start work this Monday (Feb 2), so no more weekday masses, just my regular church attendance on Sundays at my church. (I’m gonna miss seeing the kindergarteners from the Catholic school go forward for blessing every Friday!)
Thanks for the prayers and concern. If you want to pray some more for me, pray that I will do the new job well and be a blessing to my employer and coworkers. Pray also for direction in the start of a writing career–that I will remain disciplined, make the contacts with people I need, etc.
Thanks again, and may God bless you all!:hug3: :grouphug:
(I put another copy of this on the end of my original request for prayer)