I hate eye doctors

• Thread starter Thread starter Celia
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Celia

I’ve been having some issues lately. I have to go today to an eye surgeon so they can give me that pupil-dilation thing and poke things in my eyes to see if my retina is damaged in my left eye.

I hate that. I can’t even wear contacts because I can’t stand stuff being near my eyes.

I was looking forward to relaxing with a nice walk before my appointment today and now it’s pouring.

Boo hoo. 😦 (I know…I’m feeling very whiny today…)

If you guys could pray that everything goes well it would be much appreciated. Thanks…

I’ll say a prayer that everything goes well with your eyes, Celia.

Having low level glaucoma myself, I’ve become accustomed to having my eyes poked and prodded! It gets easier after awhile, altho I’ve never been able to wear contacts either. I don’t mind other people poking in my eyes, but I can’t even insert contacts myself.

Thanks, Jim…looks like things are ok for now…might have to see him again if things don’t improve though…thanks again.

I have had my eyes dilated before during an examination but I have never had anything poked into my eye before.:eek: Oh my, what kind of eye examination is this!

40.png
deb1:
I have had my eyes dilated before during an examination but I have never had anything poked into my eye before.:eek: Oh my, what kind of eye examination is this!
They do the dilation thing, shine bright lights into your eyes and then he takes this thing, I don’t know what the name of it is but it looks like a metal pointer and they make you look up and he presses it against your eyeball on both sides so he can see the retina better. They also do a pressure test where it looks like a plastic pointy thingy (I’m so good with these medical terms, aren’t I?) And it’s poked into more of the center of your eye, is what it feels like, anyway. Plus the lovely glaucoma test that is pretty standard where they puff the air in your eyes. (and even though I know it’s coming I still jump a foot into the air :rolleyes: )

And the whole thing is about as fun as it sounds. My vision is still a little blurry right now but it’s getting better as the dilation thing wears off. At least they do it as quick as they can. It’s not the eye *doctor *I hate, a little clarification, but the exam. 🙂

I have glaucoma, too, and in addition to having all the bright lights and dialation, every few months I have to go for a test I call “Space Invaders.” I have to stick my face in round box thingie which then gets dark, and I have to press a clicker whenever I see a very tiny p(name removed by moderator)oint of light. I hate that test–it makes me feel claustrophobic.

I pray your o.k. I have had the 3 operations and one retina detachment.I almost went blind again. I have also had acute glaucoma 2 times and that is painful too, it is no fun I know. Our eyes are a gift and it is one I treasure. Please be very careful with your sight.

I thank God everyday for my sight.

40.png
Celia:
I hate that. I can’t even wear contacts because I can’t stand stuff being near my eyes
I am the same way, but since glaucoma runs in my family on my mother’s side, I need to get tested. Fortunately, the eye doctor I went to in August had the air version.

PF

40.png
WanderAimlessly:
I am the same way, but since glaucoma runs in my family on my mother’s side, I need to get tested. Fortunately, the eye doctor I went to in August had the air version.PF
I’ve gotten to the point where I actually prefer the metal version that actually touches your eye (the Goldmann tonometer) to the air puff. Just don’t like those air puffs.

In some cases you can also get a rather quick & easy laser surgery (laser trabecularplasty) to help reduce eye pressure.

I join everyone here in offering prayers for Celia’s health and thank all of you who have prayed.

We have several sticky threads in the Spirituality forum which might interest you including one specifically for prayer requests. I encourage the OP to keep us all updated through that venue.

Celia’s health has been added to the prayer request thread, which you can see here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back