I Hope This Is Not a Catholic Parish!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Hotchkiss
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hotchkiss

Guest
This is very cool. It took a lot of talent and creativity and it would be perfect for a grand entrance into a wedding reception. But for a matrimonial liturgy? No way!

youtube.com/watch?v=4-94JhLEiN0

I sure hope that’s not a Catholic parish. By the looks of the female “minister” and cross sans corpus it appears to be Lutheran or Episcopalian perhaps?
 
They were rehearsing for the new Novus Ordo Missal coming out next year!. Just kidding!. I think it is either Episcopal or Lutheran.
 
There have been threads on this before… sorry I don’t know where they went:o

Definitely not Catholic. I remember on that old thread we literally had a list of things that made it non- Catholic. Another I remember is no stations of the cross!👍 So no worries. Not Catholic in the least. There’s no real prescence there to even offend by doing this. We can only pray for their conversion!
 
This is very cool. It took a lot of talent and creativity and it would be perfect for a grand entrance into a wedding reception. But for a matrimonial liturgy? No way!

youtube.com/watch?v=4-94JhLEiN0

I sure hope that’s not a Catholic parish. By the looks of the female “minister” and cross sans corpus it appears to be Lutheran or Episcopalian perhaps?
Nice, I like this scene from a movie I saw a long time ago.
youtube.com/watch?v=3P8btMB3Cso
 
There have been threads on this before… sorry I don’t know where they went:o

Definitely not Catholic. I remember on that old thread we literally had a list of things that made it non- Catholic. Another I remember is no stations of the cross!👍 So no worries. Not Catholic in the least. There’s no real prescence there to even offend by doing this. We can only pray for their conversion!
Stations of the Cross are not required in a Latin Rite sanctuary/nave.
 
Of course it is not a Catholic Church. I also don’t think it is Episcopal as their ministers like to wear liturgical garb.

Might be Methodist, or a new age type of church. It looked like there was a statue of a woman, but I am sure it wasn’t of Mary. It is some type of feminist church.

When the couple grow older I have a feeling they will look back and regret such actions at their wedding.

Yours in the Hearts of Jesus and Mary

Bernadette
 
Bleah.

Here’s what I want to be thinking as I approach the altar, where God will create an unbreakable sacramental bond between myself and a man…

“Gee, how far can I shake my booty without ripping my dress?”

Maybe not. 😃

It would have been great for a reception. A moderate amount of alcohol would seem a good precursor.

Not every idea is a good idea. 😉

–Jen
 
Of course it is not a Catholic Church. I also don’t think it is Episcopal as their ministers like to wear liturgical garb.

Might be Methodist, or a new age type of church. It looked like there was a statue of a woman, but I am sure it wasn’t of Mary. It is some type of feminist church.

When the couple grow older I have a feeling they will look back and regret such actions at their wedding.

Yours in the Hearts of Jesus and Mary

Bernadette
I agree with so much of what you say in many threads, including the inadvisability of this type of wedding processional. However, I do not see any statue of a woman, or anything that would identify the church in question as “some type of feminist church,” other than the fact that the minister is a female. I have always guessed it to be a Methodist or Lutheran church, given the presence of a communion rail.
 
I agree with so much of what you say in many threads, including the inadvisability of this type of wedding processional. However, I do not see any statue of a woman, or anything that would identify the church in question as “some type of feminist church,” other than the fact that the minister is a female. I have always guessed it to be a Methodist or Lutheran church, given the presence of a communion rail.
I can’t tell if there is any type of altar, but if you look above where an altar would be there appears to be some type of statue and it is white. If you want to take the time to look at it again, please let me know as I might just be seeing something that isn’t there. It might be something else. I didn’t notice an altar rail. I wish all our churches had altar rails, mine does and we kneel receiving.

I really feel sad for people who think it is nothing more than a fun event when they are taking serious vows, hopefully for life.

I appreciate your kind remarks.

God Bless

Bernadette
 
There’s a difference between a spectacle and a sacrament. Hmm. Well, I HOPE they don’t end up divorced. But, given that 1/2 of American marriages end in divorce anyway, I can only assume someone who enters into a sacred bond such as marriage with this kind of attitude will enter marriage with the same attitude and lightheartedness that leads to divorce. Good luck to them, anyway.
 
I can’t tell if there is any type of altar, but if you look above where an altar would be there appears to be some type of statue and it is white. If you want to take the time to look at it again, please let me know as I might just be seeing something that isn’t there. It might be something else. I didn’t notice an altar rail. I wish all our churches had altar rails, mine does and we kneel receiving.

I really feel sad for people who think it is nothing more than a fun event when they are taking serious vows, hopefully for life.

I appreciate your kind remarks.

God Bless

Bernadette
The figure above the altar is Christ the King. The altar rail can be seen on either side when the front of the church is viewed. There is an opening for the gate.
 
I can’t believe all the negativity towards this couple. Maybe I’m just weird, but marriage is about a celebration of two lives joining together. It’s a joyful occasion. Would I do it? No. But it looked like they had a lot of fun and it worked for them. And if you look at the video and their website, they are using the publicity to raise money for a domestic violence shelter. Maybe it’s not as solemn as people are used to, but I don’t think it’s necessary to be spiteful just because it is different. I’m sure their wedding was still a beautiful joining of two families, and some good has come out of it (the proceeds for the domestic violence shelter).
 
Of course it is not a Catholic Church. I also don’t think it is Episcopal as their ministers like to wear liturgical garb.

Might be Methodist, or a new age type of church. ** It looked like there was a statue of a woman, but I am sure it wasn’t of Mary. It is some type of feminist church. **

Bernadette
Huh? We have statues of women all over a parish in our diocese. I wouldve never guessed they were feminist. especially one that has the EF mass.
 
There have been threads on this before… sorry I don’t know where they went:o

Definitely not Catholic. I remember on that old thread we literally had a list of things that made it non- Catholic. Another I remember is no stations of the cross!👍 So no worries. Not Catholic in the least. There’s no real prescence there to even offend by doing this. We can only pray for their conversion!
That one’s not really a giveaway. I’ve been in Catholic churches with no stations and in Anglican churches with stations.
 
There’s a difference between a spectacle and a sacrament. Hmm. Well, I HOPE they don’t end up divorced. But, given that 1/2 of American marriages end in divorce anyway, I can only assume someone who enters into a sacred bond such as marriage with this kind of attitude will enter marriage with the same attitude and lightheartedness that leads to divorce. Good luck to them, anyway.
If they got divorced, it may be like this:

youtube.com/watch?v=zbr2ao86ww0
 
What if they are watching this 30, 40, or 50 years from now after a long life of wedded bliss? You just never know and I am sure there have been millions of weddings performed over the years with all the trappings and proper things said and done that lasted mere months. The wedding does not make the marriage.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top