I left the Crucifix behind / a short story

• Thread starter Thread starter rich123456
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rich123456

I Left the Crucifix Behind

On the spur of the moment, I walked into a church to give them a Crucifix. The two women working in the church office greeted me. I said, “I would love for you to have this crucifix for your office.”

The older woman told me that they could not accept it, because they were focused on the resurrection of Christ, not on His death. She said that they could accept only a cross without Jesus on it. An empty cross. I told them that I would return with another cross. They accepted my offer. As I was leaving, I realized that I had accidently left the crucifix behind. As I walked back in to retrieve it, however, I changed my mind and returned to my car. I would get it when I came back with the empty cross.

When I returned a few days later, I brought them a cross with No body of Christ on this one.

Only the younger women was in the office this time. The crucifix was still on her desk. I gave her the new, empty cross. As I reached down to pick up the crucifix, she grabbed it first and held it close to her heart. We looked at each other for a second or two. I set the empty cross on her desk, and she placed the crucifix in her top drawer.

Our God is good, with surprises at every turn. All we need to do is serve, keeping our hearts and souls open to His voice. To live our lives in the spur of His moments. His moments.

In Christ.

RH(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.) (Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing this story. One can only imagine what that younger woman was going through, to hug Jesus on the cross so tightly like that.

I like both the crosses in your picture. I like them because Jesus is there, and at the same time, he is not there (risen). I like his picture peeking from behind the empty cross, reminding us that he was there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back