I let it go!

• Thread starter Thread starter Philena
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Philena

I’ve been worried/anxious/prayerful about some important people in my life for a very long time. Today after receiving the Eucharist, I let my worries go to Jesus! It was weird, because it wasn’t like I was consciously thinking about it. But suddenly the worries were gone, thanks be to God. It’s hard to put in words, but it was like they just flew away. I was left with the assurance the He would take care of them, just as He would take care of me.

I just wanted to share that with someone.

40.png
Philena:
I’ve been worried/anxious/prayerful about some important people in my life for a very long time. Today after receiving the Eucharist, I let my worries go to Jesus! It was weird, because it wasn’t like I was consciously thinking about it. But suddenly the worries were gone, thanks be to God. It’s hard to put in words, but it was like they just flew away. I was left with the assurance the He would take care of them, just as He would take care of me.

I just wanted to share that with someone.
It is a most memorable experience, isn’t it?
Not creepy at all, but warm, soothing and liberating.
Praise be to God, indeed.

Peace.

YYM

My mom has no problem whatsoever doing this, I on the other hand, am and always have had a problem “letting things go” and just leaving things up to God. But its funny because in all reality everything is already left up to God - I guess its just a mental thing for me. Something I’m trying to work on though!

Congratulations on unburdening yourself with the things that have weighed you down! 🙂
Like YYM said, it must be so liberating to do this!!

Hi Philena, That’s wonderful. Do not be alarmed if some worries come back, letting go is a daily commitment. --nicolo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back