I love this prayer

• Thread starter Thread starter Thepeug
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Thepeug

My dad sent this to me, and I just thought I’d share. The author is unknown. I often find myself lulled into complacency, particularly in regards to spiritual matters, and this is nice reminder that to follow Christ means to accept a life that is far from ordinary. Hope you enjoy!

Disturb us, Lord, when we are too well pleased with ourselves, when our dreams have come true because we have dreamed too little, when we arrived safely because we sailed too close to the shore.
Disturb us, Lord, when with the abundance of things we possess, we have lost our thirst for the waters of life; when having fallen in love with life, we have ceased to dream of eternity; and in our efforts to build the new earth, we have allowed our vision of the new heaven to dim.
Stir us, Lord, to dare more boldly, to venture on wider seas, where storms will show your mastery; where losing sight of land, we shall find the stars. We ask you to push back the horizons of our hopes, and push us into the future in strength, courage, hope, and love.
Amen.

Thanks for sharing that prayer. Just what I’ve been looking for. I gotta share this one with others.

40.png
Thepeug:
My dad sent this to me, and I just thought I’d share. The author is unknown. I often find myself lulled into complacency, particularly in regards to spiritual matters, and this is nice reminder that to follow Christ means to accept a life that is far from ordinary. Hope you enjoy!

Disturb us, Lord, when we are too well pleased with ourselves, when our dreams have come true because we have dreamed too little, when we arrived safely because we sailed too close to the shore.
Disturb us, Lord, when with the abundance of things we possess, we have lost our thirst for the waters of life; when having fallen in love with life, we have ceased to dream of eternity; and in our efforts to build the new earth, we have allowed our vision of the new heaven to dim.
Stir us, Lord, to dare more boldly, to venture on wider seas, where storms will show your mastery; where losing sight of land, we shall find the stars. We ask you to push back the horizons of our hopes, and push us into the future in strength, courage, hope, and love.
Amen.
I just did a Google on it and the name of the prayer is: “A Daring Prayer” - Sir Francis Drake 1577
Thanks for sharing it w/ us.🙂

Reminds me of the saying that Jesus came to comfort the afflicted and to afflict the comfortable. Let us not get too comfortable!

40.png
Annunciata:
I just did a Google on it and the name of the prayer is: “A Daring Prayer” - Sir Francis Drake 1577
Thanks for sharing it w/ us.🙂
Thanks for the info! I’ll have to pass it on to my dad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back