A
Amnagrla
Guest
Hello,
First let me begin by saying that I had sent a post to the AaA and have not received an answer, so I took the advice to post it on the general forum. I apologize if this is not correct for me to do, but I did read that not every post gets answered there. (I’m not trying to be a re-poster.)
Someone asked me the other day about the many names of Jesus and I really didn’t have an answer for them. Maybe someone can help clarify for me?
The angel Gabriel said that He shall be named Emmanuel…
We call him Jesus
We call him Christ
… we also call him Jesus Christ, like a first and last name??
I’ve seen Jehovah??
What is the meaning of all the different names?!

(Also, completely unrelated, but on this forum, when someone refers to ABC, what does this acronym stand for?)
First let me begin by saying that I had sent a post to the AaA and have not received an answer, so I took the advice to post it on the general forum. I apologize if this is not correct for me to do, but I did read that not every post gets answered there. (I’m not trying to be a re-poster.)
Someone asked me the other day about the many names of Jesus and I really didn’t have an answer for them. Maybe someone can help clarify for me?
The angel Gabriel said that He shall be named Emmanuel…
We call him Jesus
We call him Christ
… we also call him Jesus Christ, like a first and last name??
I’ve seen Jehovah??
What is the meaning of all the different names?!
(Also, completely unrelated, but on this forum, when someone refers to ABC, what does this acronym stand for?)