I need help with this ASAP

• Thread starter Thread starter saintlouisblues19
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

saintlouisblues19

Hello everyone, earlier today I fell into mortal sin after several months of successful fighting my impure addiction. I am 17 and like most if not all of us, have no access to a priest during this time of pandemic. I am freaking out because I don’t know how many months it will be until I can go to confession. Is Perfect Act of Contrition the way I can be forgiven of my Sins until confession? And how can I be certain that my Perfect Act of Contrition is Perfect and not just an act of contrition? Any responses help thanks

I have no way of contact. Office is closed and his only email and number is associated with the office

Then make a perfect act of contrition and go to confession as soon as possible.

I am sorry if that sounds harsh, but that’s the best thing to do.

Just work on your contrition until you can see a priest, and trust in God.

This problem is probably very common in these times. I recommend that you make an act of perfect contrition with the intention of going to confession as soon as the opportunity presents itself and that you renew it often.
Try to learn from your mistakes and trust in the Mercy of God.

Archdiocese of St Louis mandate:

At this time, all churches are to remain open to individuals for personal prayer, devotions and confessions. Parishes are encouraged to enact schedules for parishioners around these events so as to adhere to social distancing guidelines and prevent groups of people from attending at the same time. Please contact your local parish to obtain more information.

https://www.archstl.org/coronavirus-covid-19-mandates-and-directives

Sacrament of Reconciliation (Confession)

There should be ample opportunities for It is recommended that the Sacrament of Penance be celebrated using a screen (anonymously) to ensure the health department’s social distancing guidelines. Per the recommended guidelines, confession should take place six feet from the confessor. If a penitent prefers to offer a confession face-to-face, the chair of the penitent should be placed approximately six feet from the confessor. This may require holding confessions in a different location than usual. Please contact your parish or check your parish websites and social media pages for Reconciliation times and updates.

Only God Forgives Sin, as the Catechism of the Catholic Church says, in bold letters no less.

The authority of a priest to forgive sin does not eliminate God from the equation

Turn to God and know that he is forgiving and full of mercy. Do not give into despair, which is the real sin the devil wants you to commit.

You’re 17 years old and having to deal with raging hormones, which you’re not use to. In time as you age, temptation will be easier to overcome. Until then, do the best you can, but never think you’re not worthy enough to turn to God for forgiveness.

In Christ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back