I sometimes think, priests know that I am sinning in my head

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ilovejesus1234
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Ilovejesus1234

Guest
In the past I used to be in the new age group and Buddhism for unhealthy evil reasons. And now form time to time I think priests are reading my mind, when I am thinking or doing something sinful in my head, like they can tell I have a blemish. It is hard for me and I need help healing
 
In the past I used to be in the new age group and Buddhism for unhealthy evil reasons. And now form time to time I think priests are reading my mind, when I am thinking or doing something sinful in my head, like they can tell I have a blemish. It is hard for me and I need help healing
No-one can read your mind except God himself.

Methinks you should find a spiritual advisor to help you move ahead.

God Bless and ICXC NIKA
 
I had a rough past sorry if I seem crazy, but yea she keeps telling me, nobody can it is all in your head.
 
sorry for your difficulties. You have been prayed for.
 
I’m unclear what your experience with Buddhism and “new age” groups has to do with your issue now…that you think priests are reading your mind.

Unless the “unhealthy reasons” of the past are the same reasons you are with Christianity, and you’ve just shifted and taken them to another belief system?

I doubt the priests are reading your mind.
Do we even know if mind reading is possible?
You may be over sensitive to their expressions or looks, that is all.
You may be judging yourself too harshly.

Think about it: priests themselves do sinful things…and it’s not as tho their fellow priests mind-read it.

.

.
I used to be in it for unhealthy things like drugs, being noticed and the center of attention, and I really do not like talking about it…There is bad forms of the new age group and buddism, what I am talking about it the urban part of it, the worldly things of it.

But anyway it has been a year since my conversion…I am sometimes still sinful via past behaviors but i am still recovering from the evil I went through…But yeah, when I am thinking something sinful, usually because I trail off in my head and center myself over and over…I sometimes look at their face and think their facial expression reflects to the reaction of what I am thinking…I don’t know, I hope you don’t mind if I tell you this.

By the way I am hoping to get to the other replys soon, iam doing homework.
 
My heartfelt suggestion is that you not only find a good spiritual director, but that you actively seek professional counseling.
 
Jesus is sorta already my counselor, I talk to him daily.
 
In the past I used to be in the new age group and Buddhism for unhealthy evil reasons. And now form time to time I think priests are reading my mind, when I am thinking or doing something sinful in my head, like they can tell I have a blemish. It is hard for me and I need help healing
All my life I felt that I was sometimes able to sense what a person is thinking and feeling. It’s as if an angel from God sometimes informs me of these things.
 
Could be the holy spirit giving you a gut feeling.

But my point is, I just need help in knowing how to handle a situation like this.
 
I don’t think they are reading your mind although I think the feeling is more common than you might think. It may be that they know that many people who turn to Him later have been through some things. I know that in my life before finishing my sacraments I did some crazy stuff; I had to make sure that I wrote everything down on a huge sheet of paper for my first confession; I didn’t want to leave anything out 🙂

It’s hard sometimes but try to give yourself a break. Even though the Lord doesn’t want us to sin again he is forgiving to the penitent.

I’ll be praying for you!
 
In the past I used to be in the new age group and Buddhism for unhealthy evil reasons. And now form time to time I think priests are reading my mind, when I am thinking or doing something sinful in my head, like they can tell I have a blemish. It is hard for me and I need help healing
The Mystery of Prophets & Psychics

youtu.be/nb1u1ju0ROU

well – you might have the gift of revelation-- as saint paul said-- don’t forbid prophecy

john paul has been a teacher to millions of people
When asked, most Christians would say they believe the Bible. But when probed further, and asked specifically about the wild, supernatural events that took place throughout the Old and New Testaments—those things—can they be taken literally. That’s usually when the words symbolism, or allegory, or metaphorical get thrown around to avoid having to actually say ‘that’s too strange to be true.’ Did the Red Sea really part to allow the Jews to escape the Egyptians? Did one angel really strike down armies of men? Did Jesus really walk on water, turn water into wine, be born of a virgin, feed 5000 with a just few baskets of food…did those things really happen? Or were they just metaphors?

Backed into a corner with the reality that the Bible actually says these things happened, some Christians prefer to draw a line in the sand and say that was then, in Bible times, and this is now. Today things are different. We live in a different world. God doesn’t need to use supernatural exploits to accomplish His plan—it’s already been accomplished. Jesus put an end to all of that craziness. God no longer needs to speak to us through a dream we have at night, or show us things in a vision, or send angels to help us, protect us, or deliver important instructions. Those things ended long ago. And it’s a good thing too, because those things are messy and hard to explain. Mysteries are for Hollywood.

Dreams and Mysteries with John Paul Jackson is a television show that will not shy away from the difficult questions about the supernatural arena. Everything is fair game. But the ultimate purpose of this show is to change your paradigm of God. To make you aware of the wonderful spiritual mysteries we overlook every day and encourage you to chase after them for yourselves. We want everyone who watches this program to leave changed.
 
So what you are saying is you shouldn’t be too hard on yourself for sinning, but still avoid sin. Right?
 
I am no priest but as I read John 8:1-11, the story of the adulterous woman, it seems that Jesus really wants to forgive us no matter what. And even though we go to confession the guilt is still really strong. I would talk to a priest about this ASAP if you’re really hurt over it.

I’ll be praying for you. See a priest!
 
I already did once, he said, “we are all here to help you.”
 
Jesus is sorta already my counselor, I talk to him daily.
The point of a spiritual director is that we are fallible humans, and that we often mistake our own thoughts or various other experiences for God’s communications to us. And even when we hear God talking to us, we often misinterpret what He is telling us. Even the Popes and saints have/had spiritual directors. No matter who you are, or how good you believe your relationship with Jesus is, there’s no question that you can benefit from having a good spiritual director.
 
In the past

I used to be in the new age group and Buddhism for unhealthy evil reasons. And now form time to time I think priests are reading my mind, when I am thinking or doing something sinful in my head, like they can tell I have a blemish. It is hard for me and I need help healing
well i i didn’t have a church that believed in prophecy 4 edification exeration and comfort-- that would be a problem (as saint paul wrote in 1 cor 14— becasue it is normal to pray and get an answer-- God and Jesus does NOT punish us-- by having to wait 21 days like in the book of daniel–

The Mystery of Prophets & Psychics

youtu.be/nb1u1ju0ROU

well – you might have the gift of revelation-- as saint paul said-- don’t forbid prophecy

john paul has been a teacher to millions of people
When asked, most Christians would say they believe the Bible. But when probed further, and asked specifically about the wild, supernatural events that took place throughout the Old and New Testaments—those things—can they be taken literally. That’s usually when the words symbolism, or allegory, or metaphorical get thrown around to avoid having to actually say ‘that’s too strange to be true.’ Did the Red Sea really part to allow the Jews to escape the Egyptians? Did one angel really strike down armies of men? Did Jesus really walk on water, turn water into wine, be born of a virgin, feed 5000 with a just few baskets of food…did those things really happen? Or were they just metaphors?

Backed into a corner with the reality that the Bible actually says these things happened, some Christians prefer to draw a line in the sand and say that was then, in Bible times, and this is now. Today things are different. We live in a different world. God doesn’t need to use supernatural exploits to accomplish His plan—it’s already been accomplished. Jesus put an end to all of that craziness. God no longer needs to speak to us through a dream we have at night, or show us things in a vision, or send angels to help us, protect us, or deliver important instructions. Those things ended long ago. And it’s a good thing too, because those things are messy and hard to explain.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top