I still don't know about the Bent Cross

  • Thread starter Thread starter MarkA16
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MarkA16

Guest
I made a thread about this months ago. But now I’m still not sure about it because I never really got the good sources for it. The only one I have was the one posted to me from my old thread about it:
shasta.com/sphaws/bentcross.html

Can anyone else tell me much more about it?
 
You know I wish I had never read this stuff. It is just getting ridiculous day after day. Don’t you think?

This reminds me of those scribes and Parisees. They hate Jesus so much that even when Jesus saved life on the Sabbath day, they accused Him for that.

Luke 6:7-10

When some really anti-Catholic people (I said some, so people…don’t say I say all) look at us, all they want to see is something to accuse us - even when we acknowledge the Death of Jesus for our sins on the Cross. Yes, The Cross - the one that saved their lives too, but they want to turn the Cross into a Satan symbol.

What did Jesus react to their accusation - He healed the man.
How we do with this kind of people - we pray God to heal their heart.

Just a thought.
 
I made a thread about this months ago. But now I’m still not sure about it because I never really got the good sources for it. The only one I have was the one posted to me from my old thread about it:
shasta.com/sphaws/bentcross.html

Can anyone else tell me much more about it?
I think I said before that any Satanic crucifix I’ve ever read about or heard of has been an upside down crucifix rather than right way up.

A bit of history of the Papal Crucifix (which is the same one that I wear on my necklace) from greenspun.com, with a couple of my own additions:

“The staff [with the Bent or Bowed Cross] was adopted by Pope Paul VI (r. 1963-78) when he was elected. Rather than use a symbol of jurisdictional authority (the crosier [normally a staff with a hook on the end, resembling a shepherd’s crook]), Paul adopted what was termed a pastoral staff. The staff was designed by Italian artist Lello Scorzelli in the shape of a highly stylized crucifix. The staff was used by both Popes John Paul I and John Paul II. In 1990, a new, slightly re-designed staff was presented to the pope in honor of his birthday. This staff is still in use today.”

So I guess you’d need evidence that either Paul VI or the artist who created the staff had links with Satanism. Doesn’t matter what folks back in the 6th century may or may not have been doing.

For me I just think it’s a much more modern and unusual design, evoking the pain and horror of the crucifixion, rather than a deliberate mockery of Christ as Satanic crucifixes are intended to be.
 
There are two staves, both designed by the same Italian artist, the earlier of which was presented to Pope Paul VI and the latter of which was presented to Pope John Paul II on his birthday. Pope Benedict XVI carries the earlier one.
ewtn.com/pope/celebration/forum/vq_detail.asp?ID=437376&pgnu=1
whispersintheloggia.blogspot.com/2005/05/gammarelli-digest.html

The satanic symbol is not an inverted cross, but an inverted crucifix (i.e., with the corpus of Jesus). They could have figured that out by watching a couple of horror movies.

Don’t worry. Unless Scorzelli was a closet Satanist or there is an inverted crucifix on display in the Vatican, I think it’s safe to say that there are no satanic symbols around the Pope. 😃
 
I don’t see why this bugs you.

Do you see anything in the practice of your faith that even implies that Catholicism is aligned with the devil as these a-Cs allege?

This one crozier bothers you?

It’s art Mark. That’s all it is.

Look at it rationally for what this really is. An anti-Catholic load of propaganda concocted by people with agendas.

I’d say the same thing to a Catholic who tried to allege this trash.

C’mon Mark. Think clearly and rationally. It’s all a pack of lies.
 
I’d add that, if the Church really was Satanic, why on earth wouldn’t they have been using these Satanic symbols centuries ago?

Or more importantly, why on earth would they be using them at all? Wouldn’t it make more sense to hide the fact that it is Satanic to trick people?
 
Or more importantly, why on earth would they be using them at all? Wouldn’t it make more sense to hide the fact that it is Satanic to trick people?
Right, just how the upside down cross was mistakenly taken as a Satanic cross, when really it’s the cross of peter? People can clearly see the upside down cross, but the Church doesn’t hide it, because it’s not what it actually is? 🙂

Thanks.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top