I think I need an exorcism

  • Thread starter Thread starter Holly3278
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Holly3278

Guest
Hey everyone. I am really beginning to think that I need an exorcism. I used to be involved heavily in the Occult and some of this was even after my baptism regrettably. That said, the only real symptom I have is this “tic” which makes me shrug my shoulders repeatedly. I am able to talk with priests and receive the Eucharist with no difficulty. However, this tic I have is really bothering me. I haven’t even received a diagnosis other than they thought I have some sort of tic disorder. I used to think that I was diagnosed with Tourettes but I talked to the nurse at my neurologists office and as it turns out, the doctor does not think I have Tourettes. I am greatly troubled by this tic that bothers me all the time and I really am desperate for a cure. No medicine I have taken has helped or the medicine’s side effects were so severe as to be intolerable. What advice can you give me?
 
Could this be a side effect of your meds, like tardive dyskinesia?
 
Hey everyone. I am really beginning to think that I need an exorcism. I used to be involved heavily in the Occult and some of this was even after my baptism regrettably. That said, the only real symptom I have is this “tic” which makes me shrug my shoulders repeatedly. I am able to talk with priests and receive the Eucharist with no difficulty. However, this tic I have is really bothering me. I haven’t even received a diagnosis other than they thought I have some sort of tic disorder. I used to think that I was diagnosed with Tourettes but I talked to the nurse at my neurologists office and as it turns out, the doctor does not think I have Tourettes. I am greatly troubled by this tic that bothers me all the time and I really am desperate for a cure. No medicine I have taken has helped or the medicine’s side effects were so severe as to be intolerable. What advice can you give me?
Ability to recieve the Eucharist, speak with Priests and a lack of obviously supernatural occurrences(unnatural strength/knowledge/abilities) would not immediatly suggest that this is a case of possession. “tic’s” can have many natural causes ranging from biological to psychological to pharmaceutical.

I would continue to get it investigated by the medical profession but at the same time it would not be impossible to speak to a priest who can ask you more precise questions in a more private setting than an online forum.
 
I doubt very much if you’re “possessed”, since you seem far too lucid for that. I have my doubts as to whether this tic has a spiritual cause at all. It may well be physical.

However, for what it’s worth, you may wish to get a mass said for yourself by your priest. I go to a Catholic psychiatrist a couple of times a year, and he wrote a short article on “Healing the Family Tree” (see link below). If you click on this link, and then read the PDF article I mentioned, you may it of some relevance to yourself.

williamwilkie.com/spiritual.htm
 
Hi,

I also was involved in the occult. I think I may also need an exorcism. I have nightmares, I have had something come and choke bite me. As well as suffered from severe feeling of something in my chest. This all happen after I was initiated into a cult. I regret my choice as I was told it was all the same god.

These people gave me blood from animal as these peopleppl me
conducted chanting. I was so ignorant…I still continue to fight the fight threw everything given to me away. I refuse to serve demons. The th in my is now that when I pray to our Lord Jesus the names of those gods cone to mind. I don’t know if this comes from the lies that were told to me…what should I do? Also at nigh I can’t sleep

I have confessed met with a priest read the bible.
 
Hi,

I also was involved in the occult. I think I may also need an exorcism. I have nightmares, I have had something come and choke bite me. As well as suffered from severe feeling of something in my chest. This all happen after I was initiated into a cult. I regret my choice as I was told it was all the same god.

These people gave me blood from animal as these peopleppl me
conducted chanting. I was so ignorant…I still continue to fight the fight threw everything given to me away. I refuse to serve demons. The th in my is now that when I pray to our Lord Jesus the names of those gods cone to mind. I don’t know if this comes from the lies that were told to me…what should I do? Also at nigh I can’t sleep

I have confessed met with a priest read the bible.
May I suggest you go back to a priest and ask him to pray for deliverance over you. Depending on what happens he can send you to an exorcist. The bishop needs to approve all exorcisms but there are prayers that they are allowed to do without the approval, in order to establish whether the person needs it or not.

I hope things will get better.
 
Firstly you are not possessed and you are not evil, either of you.

Your actions in the occult have opened doors for demons to come and access your life. Indeed every one of us who when we sin, we open doors for demons to have access to us. Confessing our sins closes the doors. Its good you have done this but you also have to receive your forgiveness. The fact that you still think that your past is to blame could mean that you didn’t accept forgiveness for something or there are still area’s of unconfessed sin you need to confess. Pray for the Holy Spirit to bring to mind any area’s of unforgiveness then give it a few minutes for the Holy Spirit to do his thing. Then confess those things that come to mind. If it persists after this then just take authority over those thoughts and cast them out of your mind. It’s the demons trying to beat you up by reminding you of your past sins. Jesus’ forgiveness wipes them off the board.

One thing that can affect this is are there any people that you need to forgive? If you don’t forgive you will not be forgiven. It’s in the bible.
Concentrate on the New testament and just believe it. All of it. (don’t worry about revelations). Learn what’s there. This is where the power is. The sword of the Spirit IS the Word of God.

OK you want to get rid of this tick? The bible says draw near to God and then resist the devil. So draw near to him first and he will draw near to you. Then you will have the power of God in your prayers at a greater level. The bible says the prayers of a righteous man are powerful indeed. In drawing near to God you become righteous. Read ephesians about the armour of God and get prepared. Then get into spiritual warfare and rid yourself via spiritual warfare prayers of the spirit causing you this tick. By this stage you will be feeling the Holy Spirit periodically flaring inside you. It’s the Holy Spirit that will rid you of the tick once the dark spirit has left.

It’s all about authority. Right now that spirit has authority to be there because of sin. When you draw near to God you learn to take the authority Jesus gave you and will ‘cast out devils’ as described in Mk 16;16. (when I say cast out devils I’m not talking about full on possessions that take over peoples bodies. Leave that for the Priestly elite.) Notice in Mk 16;16, the first thing Jesus says on that list is casting out devils. Once you believe, I mean actually believe, it’s as easy as breathing because Jesus gave you the authority.

You can do it.
Jesus is Lord
 
May I suggest you go back to a priest and ask him to pray for deliverance over you. Depending on what happens he can send you to an exorcist. The bishop needs to approve all exorcisms but there are prayers that they are allowed to do without the approval, in order to establish whether the person needs it or not.

I hope things will get better.
Yes, definitely!

Call around and see if there is a priest who will do the prayers of deliverance with you.

It can be a time-intensive and exhausting session. It is also amazingly freeing.

You can also read Resisting the Devil: A Catholic Perspective on Deliverance by Neil Lozano.

amazon.com/Resisting-Devil-Catholic-Perspective-Deliverance/dp/1592767095

This explains the prayers of deliverance and how they can be helpful.
 
Thank you all for responding. I went head and began to read the book suggested on deliverance. It all makes sense. I will go see if my priest will give me a deliverance prayer. I also think I need to to go again to confession since I feel horrible for betraying myself God for being so blind to not discern from lies and truths. Also since I am having lots of thoughts from that experience remembering these people gave plants with blood mixed to drink and used divination to foretell my whole life. Even stated that in order to save my life or if I were to have a child that I would have to it into santeria in order to save my life or the child’s.

I was so ignorant to listen to my gut. Now I am dealing with so many accusAtions in my mind …I have left all that behind but the thoughts above in my head are difficult some days to manage.
 
You ought to have on you at all times a blessed medal or a scapular.

At bedtime, wear one or have it under your pillow.

In addition, make a special effort to receive Holy Communion as often as possible throughout the week for a few weeks.

Also be sure to have a prayer routine for each day.

May God bless and keep you. May God’s face shine on you. May God be kind to you and give you peace.
 
Wear the St. Benedict medal it has some excorsim writing on the back
 
Hey everyone. I just noticed that this thread has been “resurrected”. I wanted to thank those of you who have posted for your replies. I really do appreciate them.
 
I have a lot to forgive myself for doing and sometimes I feel I need an exorcism. I have trouble believing Jesus died for MY SINS… I don’t want to believe someone else had to die for my sins. I didn’t ask him to! I get confused and use the “I Ching”, a Confucian book, to ask questions of the Universe and get answers. I can’t make up for what I have done wrong.
Our family is severely affected in general. My step Mother says she doesn’t sin and she has never told me anything like “God loves you and has a plan for you.” She watched me grow up witha father who was severely depressed and alcoholic. She survived that but had to divorce my father. He always provided me with food, education and shelter up to apoint, but I reminded him of my Mother. She was killed in a car crash in which he was driving when I was nine. He survived but always said “I murdered your Mother. I should have been in jail for what I did to your Mother”… I told him I forgave him, but it was a bit overwhelming to deal with. I felt EVIL entered our family when I was born. I am a diaphragm baby and wasn’t exactly planned!

Anyway. I have a great sense of humor, but I live with a lot of deep emotional issues. I have been married for 27 years, with no children. I was too afraid to have any children.
When I was looking through some of my father’s papers, I found a painting he did of himself as half demon half peaceful person. It was a big deal to find that drawing for me. It helped me understand my father.
I have WANTED to get an exorcism, but I have talked with priests who say if you can SAY Christ’s name and use the sacraments, you re not possessed, just mentally affected…
 
Hi,

I also was involved in the occult. I think I may also need an exorcism. I have nightmares, I have had something come and choke bite me. As well as suffered from severe feeling of something in my chest. This all happen after I was initiated into a cult. I regret my choice as I was told it was all the same god.

These people gave me blood from animal as these peopleppl me
conducted chanting. I was so ignorant…I still continue to fight the fight threw everything given to me away. I refuse to serve demons. The th in my is now that when I pray to our Lord Jesus the names of those gods cone to mind. I don’t know if this comes from the lies that were told to me…what should I do? Also at nigh I can’t sleep

I have confessed met with a priest read the bible.
Try a green scapular…here is a true story.
forums.catholic-questions.org/showthread.php?t=690740&page=3

“…Dreams of demons holding me down while i slept and trying to strangle me. Horrid stuff.”…“Also, i’ve never suffered from those terrifying dreams while i slept with me scapulars on. I have a green one and a blue/black St Michael one. They 're a bit grotty after never taking them off but i reckon its worth it.”
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top