I think I should get a spiritual director but

• Thread starter Thread starter foolishmortal
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

foolishmortal

If I did something that hurt someone and his family about 15 years ago as a mixed-up 16 yr old and didn’t say what all happened then (when I was found out), would a spiritual director likely have me apologize to him and/or his family? I do regret it and feel terrible when it comes to mind occasionally. It might open wounds causing trouble for both families but maybe that’s just an ego defense.
Also, is it necessary to write that on application forms for religious orders if they ask–even for contemplative ones–and how much would too much information be regarding any attachments over the years?

Also, what exactly do all orders look for without which they would not consider you? Thanks!

Do you know of any 1/2 contemplative/1/2 active indult Mass orders for men in the country or even Canada?

Do you have to pay for anything after joining an order–like medical insurance through a benefactor or savings? Someone thought so. What about medicines? I have a 30 dollar bottle of pills to buy every month.

Thanks!

I’m not sure I understand some of your first questions…and no one can really say what a spiritual director may or may not have you do…

Does your diocese have a vocations director? I would contact him (it’s usually a priest) and explain what you are seeking and discerning.

40.png
foolishmortal:
If I did something that hurt someone and his family about 15 years ago as a mixed-up 16 yr old and didn’t say what all happened then (when I was found out), would a spiritual director likely have me apologize to him and/or his family?
Your first-line spiritual director is your priest. Try scheduling an appointment with him and go over your conscience.

:blessyou:

I actually did talk to a vocations director but he had nothing to say about the Ecclesia Dei Latin-Mass ones except to talk to the Latin-Mass priest, which seems odd being that the local FSSP group is an ecclesiastically-approved order. I don’t know what to think about Vatican 2 exactly, but I just like the tridentine rite Mass more. Oh well. I don’t think I am called to be a priest anyway. I think the qualifications for entry into a seminary would be different than entry into a monastery or friary as a brother.
Has anyone been admitted into a religious order so they could answer my other questions? I’m sure some here have had spirirtual directors. Do they focus on you or on relations with others more?
Code:
Are talks with a spiritual director, outside of confession, confidential?  I'm not in trouble with the law or anything, but one of my parents is pretty known in this city and I don't want anything going around that could be embarassing to my family nor do I want them to be brought into my discussions by a call from the priest.  
 Come to think of it, I really don't want to mention anyones' problems I think they may have with anyone else in the first place (though it may come out) because I've read not to do that in an examination of conscience.  I just want to know what to think about issues from the past and about any new dilemnas that come up.
Thanks!

If you were aged fifteen almost sixteen years ago, then you are no longer a minor and any spiritual director should have zero problem keeping your discussions confidential.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back