I used to go to Mass for the socialization and homily. Now, I go for Jesus

• Thread starter Thread starter Giannawannabe
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Giannawannabe

I have slowly come to realize that I no longer go to Mass to “feel good”. I go to be with Jesus!!! Going to Mass to be with Jesus and to receive Him in the Holy Eucharist makes me “feel good” in a different way. I have prayed so long to increase my love for Jesus. I kept thinking I was “missing out” on something when listening to my friends talk about going to Mass.
I get so excited during the Consecration. I actually visualize a veil being lifted over the altar, bringing everyone closer to Heaven.
I am so thankful. I also have been compelled to attend daily Mass more often----I am so disappointed when I can’t go.
I just wanted to share my experience and wonder if anyone else has had the same one.

I assume you can relate to Sunday’s Gospel. Your seeds were sowed in fertile ground. So even though you’ve been through a drought (regarding your spirituality), you had the deep roots to sustain it. That’s the makings of a true faith, my friend!

NotWorthy

I sure have had that experience. It’s an awesome thing once the reality of the Mass hits a person. So - Amen! I’m happy for you, that you have had this experience.

So … do you go to daily Mass now? That’s what eventually happened to me. I wanted to experience that as many days as I was able.

Go figure! I’ve gone through the same experience myself. I’m now attending daily Mass, and find that spending time with my Friend Jesus is one of my most favorite things to do. I also find that I’m more reverent at Mass now, realizing the amazing grace He gave us when he sacrificed His life for our sins. I hope to pass down this understanding to my teenage sons, who due to no one’s fault but my own in the past have a precarious understanding of their Catholic faith. I’m hoping by grace and by my example they’ll yearn to learn more about it.

Tonks40
:love: :gopray:

Gianna,

That is the way it should be – just think how many others are being led to Christ just that way.

I am most happy for you that you are experiencing this growth.

Now if I could not see my relatives who left The Faith for protestantism as “leaving Jesus” . Hacks the Prots off, but they don’t have the Real Presence and that is the meaning of Mass.

Good News to hear!
I go to Church on Sunday NOT because I have to but because I WANT TO!
There is a difference here.

Yes, everyone should go becuase it is a Mortal Sin if you don’t go, but going because YOU WANT TO is really a sense of Freedom!.

40.png
jegow:
I sure have had that experience. It’s an awesome thing once the reality of the Mass hits a person. So - Amen! I’m happy for you, that you have had this experience.

So … do you go to daily Mass now? That’s what eventually happened to me. I wanted to experience that as many days as I was able.
Yes. I try to go as often as possible. During the summer months, I’ve been trying to bring my kids at least 1 time per week. I LOVE daily Mass. It’s so quiet and peaceful. One can truly appreciate the miracle taking place without the usual distractions of Sunday Mass.

40.png
Edwin1961:
Good News to hear!
I go to Church on Sunday NOT because I have to but because I WANT TO!
There is a difference here.

Yes, everyone should go becuase it is a Mortal Sin if you don’t go, but going because YOU WANT TO is really a sense of Freedom!.
:amen: This is EXACTLY what I was trying to say Edwin1961!!!

40.png
Mamamull:
Gianna,

That is the way it should be – just think how many others are being led to Christ just that way.

I am most happy for you that you are experiencing this growth.

Now if I could not see my relatives who left The Faith for protestantism as “leaving Jesus” . Hacks the Prots off, but they don’t have the Real Presence and that is the meaning of Mass.
Lately,
I’ve been praying for all the Protestants I know, and the lapsed/lukewarm Catholics during the Consecration—I offer them to the Father to change and soften their hearts to hear God’s will for their lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back