Ideas on Teaching Mary at Youth Group

• Thread starter Thread starter picasso_13
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

picasso_13

Our youth group is planning an evening on Mary titled: “Word up to The Mother!” It will be in Dec on the Immaculate Conception feast day. We are looking at some fun activities for an ice breaker that would stay with the topic for the evening. Any small group ideas would be great too. We are going to say on decade of the Rosary during the evening as well. Thanks! 👍

There are places online that you can order rosary kits. I think they take about 50 minutes to make if you train people ahead of time to help others. Would you have time for an activity like this? The Rosaries can either be donated to the missions or maybe you could arrange to have them blessed and returned to the people who made them.

Yeah, we wouldn’t have that much time. We usually have an ice breaker, small talk, and then small group activity. We have thought about making a Rosary Bracelet…something they could make out of string and tie on their wrists (obviously only one decade of beads). Kinda like the Rosary rings, but something a guy would also want to wear.

The bracelet would work too I think. It is as much about having them sitting around, doing something reverent, and having a chance to communicate while their fingers move, as it is about making the actual article I think.

Hi Church

A lot of kids in youth groups have reached an age where their communication with their parents, and often mom, has broken down. This is as painful for the kid as it is for mom. In some ways this is just nature. There are so many transitional times in a kids life. It is all leading to maturity.
In any event, the yen for mom is still there. It is communication that is off course.
This is the Blessed Mothers great and awesome gift, being a mom. She can listen, and don’t ever underestimate this. She **WILL **listen. She will understand all of your concerns and she will pray. Her intervention can heal so many breaches.

If you can get this through to the kids, they will benefit ever so much from the Youth Group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back