If you screw up in making the deMontfort Consecration

• Thread starter Thread starter foolishmortal
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

foolishmortal

…to the Immaculate Heart of Mary, morally, do you have to start over again? I believe it’s about 30 days and I am still working out a few bugs.

Thanks!

former parish offers “training” and preparation for the deMontefort consecration to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. those that conduct this preparation do so in a series of meetings over several months to a year, and it is my understanding that it is not something one does as an individual on their own, but with the Church. they have the Bishop or his representative come to accept the consecration of a new class, but it is not offered all the time. I guess they wait until they have a sizeable number of people interested. These groups then continue to meet in rosary cenacles, I guess their version of a small Christian community. Another neighboring parish does this preparation and consecration as part of Confirmation prep for youth. since I have not travelled this path myself, I cannot comment further, but I would suggest you bring your difficulties to others in your area who have made or are making the consecration.

Well, I figure someone in this community has done it at one time.

40.png
puzzleannie:
former parish offers “training” and preparation for the deMontefort consecration to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. those that conduct this preparation do so in a series of meetings over several months to a year, and it is my understanding that it is not something one does as an individual on their own, but with the Church.
That is not my understanding. I have not read anywhere that it is a public act.

40.png
foolishmortal:
Well, I figure someone in this community has done it at one time.
Your question was ambiguous, that’s all. “Screw up” how?

I went through it last year without missing a day, but I know some of my friends did miss days and just made it up as they went. Whether this is acceptable I’m not entirely sure, but I guess so. If you’re doing this under the guidance of a priest, youth minister, or anything like that you should ask them.

dude,

IF I was on day 30 and missed a day…I’d just keep going…you might miss out on a little bit of grace, but heck, you’ll get a mighty reward either way.

Yes, I’ve done the consecration before…and I missed a day…and I kept going…and the results were still awesome.

😃

I’m not going to disclose what I’d save for a confessor, but let’s say you say something about someone you don’t know to be true and it ruins their public image (which I don’t believe I’ve done, though to a lesser extent, I have griped about parental errors of a parent when others talked about theirs–something I try to not do even if they wouldn’t see the parent as a monster or something). If I had ruined someone’s image while making the consecration due to say, anger from oversensitivity or lack of forgiveness, and I knew what such a statement could do, could I go to confession, try to repair the person’s image and continue with the consecration?
That was the question.

FoolishMortal, I think you are being over hard with yourself and suffering from ‘Scrupulousity’. Being very scrupulous.

Be gentle with yourself or you will die from hardening of the oughteries!

THe consecratoin is not 30 days. The preparation he suggests for the consecration is 30 days. That’s like asking “If I screw up in my prayer of preparation for communion, is communion still valid?”

You consecration take place in the single moment that you entrust your entire being to the care of Mary. He provides a formulaic prayer to say in which to do this through. He then provides and excellent 30 day formula in which to prepare yourself spiritually for this consecration. Although a very good form of preparation, your single act of consecration is not dependent on how strictly you keep to the preparatoin formula.

Josh

Thanks! That’s what I wanted to know. I forgot it was a preparation. I know it’s not required, but it seemed the best way to go about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back