S
Secant
Guest
It’s the day before Ash Wednesday and again my husband and I are having the yearly argument. When the church states that Ash Wednesday is a day of fast, except for those outside of the age limits, pregnant and breastfeeding women, and those with medical conditions, what medical conditions are exempt from fasting? My husband and I both agree that to not fast is a sin, but we disagree on the medical conditions (and our pastor is not helpful, he just says if it’s hazardous for your health, don’t fast).
Specifically, if you get a migraine headache (one that includes the pain and the ocular effects, as well as photo and phono phobias) every time you fast, is that considered hazardous enough to not be sinful to avoid fasting? Is a migraine a serious enough condition?
*Please note that I am not asking for medical advice, but advice on avoiding sin. *
Specifically, if you get a migraine headache (one that includes the pain and the ocular effects, as well as photo and phono phobias) every time you fast, is that considered hazardous enough to not be sinful to avoid fasting? Is a migraine a serious enough condition?
*Please note that I am not asking for medical advice, but advice on avoiding sin. *