Illuminative Way Questions

• Thread starter Thread starter 4carmel
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

4carmel

I have discovered with my spiritual director that I am in the ‘illuminative way’ :eek: on my journey and in the dark night or ending it of the sences. Is this good or not?? Is there a break between the dark night of the sences and the dark night of the soul and how long does that terrible night last?? I realize that there are no time frames and it is all up to God and my responce to Him. Has anyone gone through this and what should I expect or look out for?? Would more fasting help or be a henderance- oboviously more prayer is needed. I was just wondering if a religous or a lay person who has gone through this or is going through this has some ideas- solid Catholic ideas obviously- not new age conterfit stuff.

the best short guide to this is Spiritual Passages by Fr. Benedict Groeschel, probably available wherever his books are sold. The classic of course is the Dark Night by St. John of the Cross.don’t undertake fasting and severe disciplines without spiritual direction, and ask your director for more guidance in discerning what is happening.

Be careful of too much navel gazing. God knows were you are, He’s the helmsman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back