I'm Protestant and I pray to saints!

• Thread starter Thread starter Pinklady
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pinklady

I know a lot of Protestants get the screaming heebie jeebies over the idea of praying to saints but I’ve read the Bible back to front and I don’t see that it violates scripture in any way, shape or form.

I have an accident-prone kitten; he’s 8 months old and we adopted him when he was 4 months. He’d been left at a shelter as a 3-week-old, unweaned baby. When we adopted him, he had ringworm which he promptly gave to me. He’s also had conjuctivitus (twice), a respiratory infection so severe he blew out a blood vessle and was bleeding from his nose, and a broken leg.

(Should we change his name to Lucky? 😃 )

So will it come as a surprise that I’ve been praying to St. Francis a lot? I had my pastor come over and bless all our cats (we have 3) and when the local Catholic parish has a blessing of the animals, we pack 'em up and take them over.

I have an elderly cat who is the matriarch and she seems to be in declining health so if anyone would pray to whoever they feel like praying to would mention my dear Spot, I would be very grateful.

You pray to saints? You ARE a saint to take in a kitten with so many health needs. We have 4 male cats, 2 of which are still kittens. Needless to say we have an active household here!

I know what it is to care for elderly cats, too. It’s hard to have to stand by and watch them decline, I know. I will say a prayer for your Spot, that her remaining days will be filled with sunlight and dreams of catching mice, and that when she has to go she will go peacefully.

May Our good Lord and all the Saints bless you and yours!

40.png
Lisa4Catholics:
Sounds like you are a closet Catholic to me:D
:yup: It does seem that way.

40.png
Pinklady:
I know a lot of Protestants get the screaming heebie jeebies over the idea of praying to saints but I’ve read the Bible back to front and I don’t see that it violates scripture in any way, shape or form.

I have an accident-prone kitten; he’s 8 months old and we adopted him when he was 4 months. He’d been left at a shelter as a 3-week-old, unweaned baby. When we adopted him, he had ringworm which he promptly gave to me. He’s also had conjuctivitus (twice), a respiratory infection so severe he blew out a blood vessle and was bleeding from his nose, and a broken leg.

So will it come as a surprise that I’ve been praying to St. Francis a lot? I had my pastor come over and bless all our cats (we have 3) and when the local Catholic parish has a blessing of the animals, we pack 'em up and take them over.

I have an elderly cat who is the matriarch and she seems to be in declining health so if anyone would pray to whoever they feel like praying to would mention my dear Spot, I would be very grateful.
We got this huge, “big boned,” cat and he’s Russian. But yeah, I asked for St. Francis’s intercession when my dog had cancer, diabetes, and he was blind so that we might have him until Christmas. And it happened. A short while after Christmas, he passed away and that was actually one of the worst pains I’ve ever felt.

40.png
Pinklady:

Hey, I am not alone!! I knew that had to be somebody else like me out there…
I love my cat so much…It is just great what you are doing there. You might want to add in prayers to one of my personal favorites among the saints, St Gertrude of Nivelles; she is the patron saint of cats & cat lovers.

To me, it seems like an understanding of The Communion of Saints in Heaven AND connecting that to Saints here. Since we ask those around us for prayers, then those in Heaven (even JP2) are Much More perfectly in Communion with Our Lord.
Revelation 5, I believe, tells about the angels bring up the prayers to the altar. Those ‘prayers’ are coming from Us and those In Heaven. If those aren’t Intercessorarily prayers, then I don’t knkow what is then?

40.png
Zooey:
I love my cat so much…It is just great what you are doing there. You might want to add in prayers to one of my personal favorites among the saints, St Gertrude of Nivelles; she is the patron saint of cats & cat lovers.
Thanks for that. I have heard that St.Roche is the patron saint of dogs, but have never learned of a patron saint to ask for intercession for cats.

I’m a Catholic and I’ve never prayed to a saint, but I have asked them to pray for me. 😉

40.png
serendipity:
Thanks for that. I have heard that St.Roche is the patron saint of dogs, but have never learned of a patron saint to ask for intercession for cats.
I didn’t know that! Thanks for the information!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back