Imitation of Christ Question

• Thread starter Thread starter Gospel
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gospel

I have recently began to work my way through the book “The Imitation of Christ”. In the first book chapter three I came accross the following quote, & I wonder if someone here could help me understand what the meaning of the text is.

Here is the text:

“The more a man is united within himself & interiorly simple, the more and higher things does he understand without labor because he receives the light of understansing from above.”

I think I prety much understand the second part, what I am having trouble with is the first part. what does “United in himself & interiorly simple” mean? I have pondered this, & I have a few ideas, but I am not sure what he is driving att. Can anyone out there give me a hand in understanding the text?

40.png
Gospel:
Here is the text:

“The more a man is united within himself & interiorly simple, the more and higher things does he understand without labor because he receives the light of understansing from above.”

I think I prety much understand the second part, what I am having trouble with is the first part. what does “United in himself & interiorly simple” mean? I have pondered this, & I have a few ideas, but I am not sure what he is driving att. Can anyone out there give me a hand in understanding the text?
To love means to give oneself and to recieve. Creation is the first act of pasch: we exist because God gives himself. The working out of the drama consists in our recieving Him and giving ourselves in a growing, personal liberty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back