Important: Pray for EWTN/Birmingham Diocese

• Thread starter Thread starter Sanctus
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sanctus

As some of you may or may not know, apparently before Pope John Paul II passed away he accepted the resignation of Bishop David Foley of the Birmingham Diocese in Alabama. This is the host Diocese of The Eternal Word Television Network (EWTN). I was up there tonight and one of the Brothers asked me for my prayers. Getting another Bishop that is open to the work that EWTN does is essential to the growth and success of the network. Also, since the MFVA (Brothers/Priests at EWTN) are not yet a “clerical religious institute of pontifical rite,” the local Bishop is directly responsible for them/their superior-as opposed to, in the case of the Poor Clare Nuns of Pepetural Adoration, (EWTN Nuns) who are under the direct jurisdiction of the Pope. So, as you can see it is essential that the Birmingham Diocese be blessed with another faithful, loving, orthodox Bishop. Please pray for us all here!

This was all a double blow because we lost both our Pope and our Bishop was gone in one week. It is quite odd to be both without a Pope and without a Bishop. It would seem to me that Bishop Foley should stay untill his sucessor is in place but apparently that’s not how things are done.

Having been born and raised in Homewood (at OLS) and seeing the great stuff that EWTN does; You can count on my continued prayers.

By the way, PM me when ya get a second. I have a question for you about something that I saw On EWTN about 10 days ago. Thanks!
Pax vobiscum,

Prayers on the way,the devil would love to shut them down:eek: :nope:

Praying…I love watching EWTN…this network has been a bright light in my life.

40.png
Lisa4Catholics:
Prayers on the way,the devil would love to shut them down:eek: :nope:
I’m sure the devil would love to shut them down, or force them be quite. However, as we all know, this is Alabama…and…“the devil went down to Georgia.” No, seriously, all of us here need your prayers.

Dear friend

EWTN will remain in my prayer for continued success.

God Bless you and much love and peace to you

Teresa

40.png
jrabs:
I’ll pray for them also, and for the Diocese.
Dear friend

:o oops and the Diocese too, I’ll pray for both.🙂

God Bless

Hi Jrabs

Thanks to you I’ll pray for both, I forgot about the Diocese, thank you 🙂

God Bless Jrabs and much love and peace to you

Teresa

We are reprieved, according to today’s B’ham News. The Pope approved the resignation, but there was something official that didn’t get done, so the whole thing has to wait for the new Pope. Bishop Foley is unpacking after having cleaned out his office. He says his office has never been so organized.

DaveBy

Ok, yeah one of the priests here told me when I asked about a new Bishop “Bishop Foley is still the Bishop here” but he did not elobarate. Thanks.

40.png
Sanctus:
I’m sure the devil would love to shut them down, or force them be quite. However, as we all know, this is Alabama…and…“the devil went down to Georgia.” No, seriously, all of us here need your prayers.
I will be praying. I love EWTN too and hope it will continue as it is. I didn’t realize the Bishop had so much control over EWTN and the priests/brothers there.
And you’re right about the devil…he did go down to Georgia. :eek:

I wasn’t aware that Bishop Foley retired. I used to watch him on Monday nights I think when he hosted a show on EWTN where he went over the entire Catechism. He seemed like a wonderful Bishop and his personality on tv was very pleasant. I will pray for the Birmingham Diocese and EWTN is always in my prayers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back