In dire need of forgiveness!

• Thread starter Thread starter saintlouisblues19
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

saintlouisblues19

Hello everyone, earlier today I fell into mortal sin after several months of successful fighting my impure addiction. I am 17 and like most if not all of us, have no access to a priest during this time of pandemic. I am freaking out because I don’t know how many months it will be until I can go to confession. Is Perfect Act of Contrition the way I can be forgiven of my Sins until confession? And how can I be certain that my Perfect Act of Contrition is Perfect and not just an act of contrition? Any responses help thanks

God knows of your struggles. It is a tough time for all of us. This will pass. This time will pay you and many of us spiritual dividends later. Do what you can to find a priest, and if you have problems finding one, remember God knows what is in your heart. He really does.

Hi saintlouisblues19! Although I don’t know how to answer your question I will pray for you. I also urge you to try to get to confession privately with a priest. I think(very unsure) that perfect contrition consists of you repenting of your sins for God’s sake rather than fear of hell. God bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back