In Trouble

• Thread starter Thread starter padraig
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

padraig

I live in Belfast in the north of Ireland.

A couple of years ago in the company of about fifty other Catholic families I got put out of my home. I was homeless around Christmas and have been in emergency housing from then to now.

I have been in enormous financial difficulties and in prayer Our Lady has promised me that everything will be alright.

Its just things keep getting worse and I wonder sometimes. I’m just looking for a word of help.

You are in our family’s prayers.

We are learning about financial difficulties, but not so far that we’ve actually had to go hungry or lose our house.

I have hope for us all, as with God all things are possible.

Alan

Thenk you Alan and Deborah, you’re both very kind, praying at you both right back.

I feel for you padraig, growing up in poverty I know what it’s like, when I attended school here sometimes my only meal was the one I got at school, so you bet I never missed a day.

Saint Anthony as you probably know is invoked much in Ireland, especially the poor, pray to him, do the nine Tuesday Novena, and I’ll keep you in my prayers too.

ewtn.com/Devotionals/novena/anthony.htm

Dear Padraig,

You leave much out of your post, such as – do you have a job to receive regular income? Do you have family who can assist with housing or help with basic needs? If not, I know our parish has a fund that exists solely for people in trouble, and we help with food and other assistance, as we are able. Maybe your parish has a similar fund?

It is difficult to trust when things look their worst. You have been given a promise by Our Lady, and I have no doubt she will assist you. God sent me a similar promise, and I have seen Him provide almost miraculously down to the last jot of circumstance, as only He can. It amazes me!

“Though you go forth weeping, carrying the seed to be sown, you will come back rejoicing, carrying your sheaves!” I believe for you, and somehow you will be shown the way.

I send you a rainbow and a prayer,
Carole

I am sorry to hear of your trouble. I work with children here in the U.S. that come from very poor backgrounds. Don’t give up Hope! Hope will get you through this. My family says a Sunday evening rosary and we will offer prayers for you.

Look towards the Christ child in the manger and the Holy Family. They were poor with no where to go. They are so Humble and you will find such love and warmth in that cold Manger scene. The manger is beginning to bring such gifts to me this year as well.

GOD BLESS YOU!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back