Inexpensive USED Christian Prayer books?

  • Thread starter Thread starter KD8TZC
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

KD8TZC

Guest
Doers anyone know where you can find inexpensive used Christian Prayer books? Most of the used book sites I have seen have them almost at the same price as a new one. I’m looking for a second copy, and don’t really think I need a new one, but to pay $33 - $35 for a used one when a new one costs the same amount seems silly.

Is there some other place that I should be looking? I’ve looked on Half Price Books and also the used section on Amazon without luck.

PAX

John
 
Doers anyone know where you can find inexpensive used Christian Prayer books? Most of the used book sites I have seen have them almost at the same price as a new one. I’m looking for a second copy, and don’t really think I need a new one, but to pay $33 - $35 for a used one when a new one costs the same amount seems silly.

Is there some other place that I should be looking? I’ve looked on Half Price Books and also the used section on Amazon without luck.

PAX

John
What book specifically are you looking for, may I ask? A Missal or a book of Catholic prayers?
And which Missal?
 
Doers anyone know where you can find inexpensive used Christian Prayer books? Most of the used book sites I have seen have them almost at the same price as a new one. I’m looking for a second copy, and don’t really think I need a new one, but to pay $33 - $35 for a used one when a new one costs the same amount seems silly.

Is there some other place that I should be looking? I’ve looked on Half Price Books and also the used section on Amazon without luck.

PAX

John
Do you mean Christian Prayer, the book of the Liturgy of the Hours?
 
Yes, the red Christian Prayer book. I have looked at Half.com, but not Ebay. Not sure why the used price is sometimes more than the new price.
I have an extra copy at my office. It was donated by someone, and I haven’t had a chance yet to inspect it for damage, but if it is in relatively good condition, I’ll send it to you for the postage plus $10.00.
 
Yes, the red Christian Prayer book. I have looked at Half.com, but not Ebay. Not sure why the used price is sometimes more than the new price.
If your talking about the one-volume Christian Prayer – some editions are more sought after than others.

The Daughter of St. Paul edition of Christian Prayer is out-of-print, and is easier to use than Catholic Book Publishing’s version. It can go for more than $100.
 
Bookfinder.com will tell you where to find your book after answering a few questions. It will also often give you more than one offering, the price, and website / store where it can be ordered. Hope this helps. -E
 
I have an extra copy at my office. It was donated by someone, and I haven’t had a chance yet to inspect it for damage, but if it is in relatively good condition, I’ll send it to you for the postage plus $10.00.
Let me know if this is the two color version (red and black text) or the large print one. I have been looking for the smaller two color text one. Also let me know what the total would be shipped to 44081 and how you would want me to send you the funds. This would be perfect I think and thank you for the kind offer.

PAX,

John
 
If your talking about the one-volume Christian Prayer – some editions are more sought after than others.

The Daughter of St. Paul edition of Christian Prayer is out-of-print, and is easier to use than Catholic Book Publishing’s version. It can go for more than $100.
I never knew there was any other version than the CBPC version. What is different with the Daughters of St Paul edition? When did they go out of print?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top