Info about Lourdes?

• Thread starter Thread starter tkdnick
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tkdnick

Hey everybody,
It looks like I will be making a pilgrimage to Rome early next year. I have wanted to go to Lourdes since I heard about it. I have a pretty basic knowledge of what Lourdes is about and some of the things there. I don’t know why, but I have this desire to be healed in the waters. I don’t have any serious injuries or illnesses though. I was wondering if anyone knew how one gets to be one of the people who “goes into the water”. Or what the procedure is for that.

Anyone who wishes may enter the water, it is not restricted in any way.

And don’t be surprised if the healing you receive is more spiritual than physical. Not everyone is healed physically, but all come away after prayer at the shrine renewed in mind, heart and spirit, which is sometimes more wonderful than a mere physical healing could be.

If you do get to go, please say a prayer for me!

40.png
Della:

And don’t be surprised if the healing you receive is more spiritual than physical. Not everyone is healed physically, but all come away after prayer at the shrine renewed in mind, heart and spirit, which is sometimes more wonderful than a mere physical healing could be.

I had heard that there were some requirements or rules for those who enther the water. Believe me, I could use the spiritual healing WAY more that I could use the physical healing! I will definitely say a prayer for you if I go (which looks about 95% sure).

40.png
Della:

Very well put. I’m hoping to spend a day in Lourdes on my way to World Youth Day in Cologne this summer and if I make it there, you can be sure that I’ll pray for you!

Hello

I went July last year and went into the water of Lourdes it was awesome, as far as I know anyone can attend to expect long queues.

God willing if things go right I will be going this September again.

God Bless
Saint Andrew.

Saint Andrew:
Hello

I went July last year and went into the water of Lourdes it was awesome, as far as I know anyone can attend to expect long queues.

God willing if things go right I will be going this September again.

God Bless
Saint Andrew.
Dear Andrew

If you do make that wonderful pilgrimage, would you be so kind as to grant me a favour? Would you please light a candle for me for all the gravely sick people I know especially one Priest that I love dearly and some lovely children as well as for a healing in my own physical health and also for our country for more vocations to the Priesthood and Religious life and for a revival of the faith in our fair land?

Thank you if you find this possible to do.

God Bless you and much love and peace to you

Teresa

Hello Springbreeze

I will but I be asking requests when closer to time and remind me again please. Have you ever been?

God Bless
Saint Andrew.
40.png
springbreeze:
Dear Andrew

If you do make that wonderful pilgrimage, would you be so kind as to grant me a favour? Would you please light a candle for me for all the gravely sick people I know especially one Priest that I love dearly and some lovely children as well as for a healing in my own physical health and also for our country for more vocations to the Priesthood and Religious life and for a revival of the faith in our fair land?

Thank you if you find this possible to do.

Teresa

Saint Andrew:
Hello Springbreeze

I will but I be asking requests when closer to time and remind me again please. Have you ever been?

God Bless
Saint Andrew.
Dear Andrew

Firstly I am very sorry to the original poster for side-tracking the thread. :o

Yes it is a while to September, I’ll remind you nearer the time if that’s ok with you and thank you very much for your kindness.

No I’ve never been to Lourdes or any other place for a pilgrimage.Though once with school years and years ago I went on a retreat, but never to a pilgrimage.

Teresa

40.png
tkdnick:
I had heard that there were some requirements or rules for those who enther the water. Believe me, I could use the spiritual healing WAY more that I could use the physical healing! I will definitely say a prayer for you if I go (which looks about 95% sure).
No, there are no requirements, other than a quiet, reverent disposition, and patience to wait in lines that may last more than an hour! Men and women have separate lines and baths; as a woman, you are provided with a long cotton shift to change into, and then enter the bath itself, where a nun submerges you in the waters, which are very cold… It is a very modest, silent, prayerful experience.

In spite of the commercial kitch festival all around Lourdes, the site itself and the baths are wonderfully reverent; an exhilirating experience!

40.png
maendem:
No, there are no requirements, other than a quiet, reverent disposition, and patience to wait in lines that may last more than an hour! Men and women have separate lines and baths; as a woman, you are provided with a long cotton shift to change into, and then enter the bath itself, where a nun submerges you in the waters, which are very cold… It is a very modest, silent, prayerful experience.

In spite of the commercial kitch festival all around Lourdes, the site itself and the baths are wonderfully reverent; an exhilirating experience!
Thanks!

Saint Andrew:
as far as I know anyone can attend to expect long queues.
I’m going in February, so hopefully the lines won’t be too long. I’m sure that will make the water rather cold though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back