Information on a Rosary

• Thread starter Thread starter Dredgemate
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dredgemate

I just inherited a rosary from my Grandmother who died last month. Each decade is marked with a different saint, and thier corresponding Basilica in Italy (St. Paul, Our Lady of the Snows, St. John, and St. Peter). The medalion has a picture of Pope John Paull II on one side and a picture of the dove of the Holy Spirit with the inscription “Holy Year 1984-85”.

Does any body know what the significance of this rosary is?

40.png
Dredgemate:
I just inherited a rosary from my Grandmother who died last month. Each decade is marked with a different saint, and thier corresponding Basilica in Italy (St. Paul, Our Lady of the Snows, St. John, and St. Peter). The medalion has a picture of Pope John Paull II on one side and a picture of the dove of the Holy Spirit with the inscription “Holy Year 1984-85”.

Does any body know what the significance of this rosary is?
similar rosaries were made during the jubilee year, I believe it is a pilgrimage rosary. since not everyone can make a pilgrimage to these shrines, praying this rosary has the effect, and with all the other usual conditions, the indulgences of making a pilgrimage to these famous holy sites in Rome. Whether or not the indulgence was tied to that particular year I don’t know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back