Inner Church?

• Thread starter Thread starter HumbleObedience
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HumbleObedience

Is there an Inner Church? I heard this term recently. It would be the mystical core of our faith, a place of peace beyond understanding. The outer church would probably be the visable one with rules, controversies, and so forth. I think this makes sense.

Where did you hear this? Could be a “New Age” movement with different words to mask the real indent.

Do you have any more info?

I heard it from a friend. It is the spiritual core of the Church, minus all the intellectual differences, emotional baggage, etc. It is what is at it’s center, the spiritual union with God that we’re striving for, without opinions, judgements, or any manifestation of the human ego. In other words, the true Kingdom of God.

Sounds very mystic by definition. I’d be aware though, it also sounds a lot like a new age concept. Still, I would say there is indeed an “inner church” in the RC Church, it’s called the love of Christ.

New Age? How does what I’ve said seem New Age? Union with God minus egotistical distractions is the core of our faith. I think New Age is something else.

I thought that is what’s meant by the Church being the “mystical body of Christ”, and in the “Unity of the Holy Spirit”. Even though there are many types of people from all walks of life, we are all guided by the same Spirit.

40.png
HumbleObedience:
I heard it from a friend. It is the spiritual core of the Church, minus all the intellectual differences, emotional baggage, etc. It is what is at it’s center, the spiritual union with God that we’re striving for, without opinions, judgements, or any manifestation of the human ego. In other words, the true Kingdom of God.
I believe that the inner church, as regards our Church [the catholic church], is our Conversion. Emptying opurselves of all the excess baggage, and forming ourselves after Christ. The Church is just the framework within which this takes place.

The Kingdom of God is within us - Luke 17:21, I Cor. 3:16, 6:19, which is the Power to become the Sons of God, through conversion, within the framework of the Church, by the Power of the indwelling Holy Spirit.

IMO - that’s what is meant.

Peace.

I’ve never heard the term. Maybe you should ask an Apologist.

40.png
wjohnson:
I thought that is what’s meant by the Church being the “mystical body of Christ”, and in the “Unity of the Holy Spirit”. Even though there are many types of people from all walks of life, we are all guided by the same Spirit.
I agree, that it would be the Mystical Body of Christ!

Yes, it must be the same as the Mystical Body of Christ, which is the peace that passes all understanding.

I just read a book. It’s called ‘Inner Christianity’. It says that the inner church is the core of Christ’s message and transends the outer trappings of our church. I think it makes alot of sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back