M
MatureMomG
Guest
I have a long time friend (30+ years). Left the Catholic Church about 28 years ago because of discussion we had. Much of what she and her dh believed was not Catholic doctrine. One day I asked her why they are still Catholic if they don’t believe what the Church teaches. They left shortly after that. We’ve remained good friends and mostly skirted around religious issues, never tackled anything really in depth. They are good people who desire to follow God’s will. Maybe I should have had this discussion decades ago, I don’t know, but it’s here now.
This friend has been studying some alternative health things (heavy study, internship type study, not just self-study) and I have been working with her on my health. Not new age stuff, the goal is to balance your body based on foods and supplements. She tests urine regularly to determine what is needed. (Other tests also, blood tests, etc.) She believes, as I do, that all healing comes from God. And that a huge component of our physical health probably has to do with our spiritual life/health (I fully agree). She has, on occasion pointed me to some (spiritual) resources dealing with healing (Christian, not Catholic). I really haven’t pursued her resources. (I have quite a bit of Catholic material on healing, and a smidgen of Christian stuff.)
So, recently she felt called to suggest to me that I “revisit” the spiritual side" of things, and again suggested resources that she has found great benefit from (non-Catholic). I prayed about it, talked with hubby. Here is what I am thinking of sending her, and I’d like some feedback (mostly on if I am being clear, but also any feedback). Your thoughts?
Someone asked me what my goal with this is, and I’m not really sure. I want her to understand why I will not consider her or the resources she mentioned as spiritual guides. Also, I think, in the back of my mind, is the whole idea of them leaving the Church. That hurts me, just becasue they are friends. I have often thought about bringing this up, and for various reasons (probably not all good ones, I haven’t).
This is a long post, hope that’s okay. Text follows in next post…
This friend has been studying some alternative health things (heavy study, internship type study, not just self-study) and I have been working with her on my health. Not new age stuff, the goal is to balance your body based on foods and supplements. She tests urine regularly to determine what is needed. (Other tests also, blood tests, etc.) She believes, as I do, that all healing comes from God. And that a huge component of our physical health probably has to do with our spiritual life/health (I fully agree). She has, on occasion pointed me to some (spiritual) resources dealing with healing (Christian, not Catholic). I really haven’t pursued her resources. (I have quite a bit of Catholic material on healing, and a smidgen of Christian stuff.)
So, recently she felt called to suggest to me that I “revisit” the spiritual side" of things, and again suggested resources that she has found great benefit from (non-Catholic). I prayed about it, talked with hubby. Here is what I am thinking of sending her, and I’d like some feedback (mostly on if I am being clear, but also any feedback). Your thoughts?
Someone asked me what my goal with this is, and I’m not really sure. I want her to understand why I will not consider her or the resources she mentioned as spiritual guides. Also, I think, in the back of my mind, is the whole idea of them leaving the Church. That hurts me, just becasue they are friends. I have often thought about bringing this up, and for various reasons (probably not all good ones, I haven’t).
This is a long post, hope that’s okay. Text follows in next post…