C
CatholicGuy31
Guest
I wondered if anyone was aware of any Catholic teaching or recommendation on what to do when faced with insults against our faith? This relates to insults which do not cause physical harm to any persons or the physical Church itself but rather to the Sacraments, Our Lord Jesus Christ and Our Blessed Virgin Mother.
I suppose we have a duty to warn the sinner when he headed for disaster. We also should not allow such profanities to appear in public places but my question relates more to whether we should be actively trying to silence these people?
I think what triggered this question is the recent “The Photo Of Jesus Crucified” by Andres Serrano which you may already have come across. I agree that we should petition against this picture. However should we also be protesting (non-violently) against the person himself? Basically to try to stop this sort of thing happening in future. Or is this sort of thing a trap to provoke violence from Christians.
(Personally I feel a deep sympathy for people like this because they may never come to experience even a glimpse of the immense love of our GOD.)
Any advice from a Catholic perspective is especially welcome.
GOD Bless.
I suppose we have a duty to warn the sinner when he headed for disaster. We also should not allow such profanities to appear in public places but my question relates more to whether we should be actively trying to silence these people?
I think what triggered this question is the recent “The Photo Of Jesus Crucified” by Andres Serrano which you may already have come across. I agree that we should petition against this picture. However should we also be protesting (non-violently) against the person himself? Basically to try to stop this sort of thing happening in future. Or is this sort of thing a trap to provoke violence from Christians.
(Personally I feel a deep sympathy for people like this because they may never come to experience even a glimpse of the immense love of our GOD.)
Any advice from a Catholic perspective is especially welcome.
GOD Bless.