Intentions of the Sacred Heart

• Thread starter Thread starter DavidJoseph
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DavidJoseph

In the Morning Offering we offer everything we do for the intentions of Jesus’ Sacred Heart. In one version those intentions are actually mentioned: the salvation of souls, reparation for sin, and the union of all Christians. But what exactly falls under the first category? The conversion of sinners and perseverance of the just, certainly, but how about the souls in purgatory; the holiness of priests and religious; vocations; help for the sick, dying, poor, homeless; etc.? Don’t they all have to do with the salvation of souls in some way, shape, or form?

I would assume that it is asking God to lead peoples lives in the right direction so they may go o heavn, I do not know if it would help the souls in purgatory because they are already saved, they just have to wait. 🙂

For people in purgatory say this: “Eternal Father, I offer thee
the most precious blood of thy
Divine Son, Jesus, in union
with the Masses said throughout
the world today, for all the
Holy Souls in Purgatory
for sinners everywhere, for
sinners in the universal church,
those in my own home and
within my family. Amen.”​

It releases 1,000 souls

God Bless,
Andrew

I’m wrong, I re-read your question and the part about “the unity of all Chritians” would definitly cover souls in purgatory because all Christians won’t be truly unified until Heavan.

No offense but you question is kind of unclear and difficult to follow. Try to get more to the point right away, I don’t say this to offend you but so that your next question will be easier to ansewer and will get more responses. 🙂

Thanks, Andrew. But I don’t understand how my question could be unclear – except for something I didn’t word so well …
In one version those intentions are actually mentioned: the salvation of souls, reparation for sin, and the union of all Christians. But what exactly falls under the first category? The conversion of sinners and perseverance of the just, certainly, but how about …
When I said “But what exactly falls under the first category?” I was referring to the first intention of the Sacred Heart they list, namely, the salvation of souls. I was asking what the salvation of souls refers to. I meant that I know that includes the conversion of sinners and perseverance for the just, but I wanted to know what else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back