Internet / Music

• Thread starter Thread starter anonymous_allen
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

anonymous_allen

Are we allowed to use the internet and other internet applications on Sunday? I am concerned that using these things will cause others to have to work. Music can be a form of relaxation and bonding with others, but to listen to the music in my car, I need to use the internet.

Thanks

I wonder if you suffer with scruples? In any case, this line of thinking is not healthy. Please talk to your Priest about it.

Geez, I hope so. Otherwise the headphones I have on right now would be kinda pointless.

My concern is that it would be causing the people who keep up the servers as a result of being used.
Programmer here. Servers aren’t exactly turned off on holidays. Even if no one was using the server, the people who maintain it would still be on call in case something went wrong. On weekends that’s generally how it is; you don’t mess with it unless something goes wrong. Also, depending on the server, weekends are generally when maintenance is done because no one is in the office, so they can change things without interrupting someone’s work.

Last edited:
Servers aren’t exactly turned off on holidays. Even if no one was using the server, the people who maintain it would still be on call in case something went wrong
Just to point out somebody using it isn’t going to make something go wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back