Interpretation of Cross Image

• Thread starter Thread starter iceman
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

iceman

On June 27, 1970 (or 1971/1972 - I cannot recall the year as accurately as the month and day), as a child of about 10 years old, I saw the image of a cross - lines of beads of light - with an arrow pointing straight down from the bottom of the cross alternating with the arrow pointing down and at an angle to the right. I have never understood what this meant and what was/is the relevance of the date I saw it. Any ideas would be welcome.

off hand my first reaction was that you saw a traffic warning light of some kind, like that used in a construction zone. Impossible to speculate. What meaning did it have for you at the time, that you have recalled it?

The only outside light which was near was a streetlight but it emitted a different reflection, which I later compared to the cross image to be certain. There were no other lights anywhere near. I wondered if it was some time of warning but as a child of about 10 years of age, I really had no idea what it meant. I mentionned it to family members at the time but it has remained little more than a curiosity ever since. Anyone know of any significance to the date?

40.png
iceman:
The only outside light which was near was a streetlight but it emitted a different reflection, which I later compared to the cross image to be certain. There were no other lights anywhere near. I wondered if it was some time of warning but as a child of about 10 years of age, I really had no idea what it meant. I mentionned it to family members at the time but it has remained little more than a curiosity ever since. Anyone know of any significance to the date?
You are trying to remember something you think you saw more than 30 years ago when you were 10. I suspect it was nothing and your imagination is just playing tricks.

Wow, this is a tough crowd.

Shortly after this incident, I made a diagram of what I saw and dated it June 27 but initially forgot to put the year. I later recalled that I was either in grade 3 or 4 when it occurred, so I am not relying solely on my “30 year old” memory. I still have in my possession what I drew back then.

I have never been accused, even as a child, of having an overactive imagination or of being overly creative (quite the opposite). I cannot prove it was not a fabrication in my mind, but no one ever can with regard to something like this. This line of exploration will not be helpful.

I should explain my artwork. The red lines from the center of the cross were my depiction of very bright rays of light emanating from the cross. I drew an arrow pointing straight down as this image was more pronounced than the one pointing down and to the right I also referred to earlier. While I did not depict in the diagram the arrow pointing down and to the right, I distinctly remember it as well in spite of the time lapsed since the incident. The arrow may have also pointed directly to the right but my memory is very foggy on this point.

After viewing this from my top bunk bed for what may have been a half a minute, I closed my eyes and looked away and then looked back in the same direction and the image was no longer there. There still was light reflected from the street light. I went back to sleep after this.

I think it may have been a dream. Also, what do you want us to say about it? It’s a cross made of light that you saw when you were ten years old and lying in your bed. It’s not a recognizable symbol, it’s just a cross with some rays of light shooting off of it.

I am not asking anyone to say anything unless they have some useful feedback or suggestions. I would prefer those who have nothing to add to save their responses and direct their attention instead to those topics to which they can add something useful.

40.png
iceman:
I am not asking anyone to say anything unless they have some useful feedback or suggestions. I would prefer those who have nothing to add to save their responses and direct their attention instead to those topics to which they can add something useful.
I don’t really have any insight as to the meaning, if any, of what you saw, but I do have a suggestion. Don’t put too much emphasis on this experience. Even if it wasn’t a dream or a trick of the light, I doubt it’s that important, or God would have revealed its significance by now. Perhaps it was just given as a spiritual comfort, as a sign that God was and is with you.

My somewhat poor depiction looks like a Monstrance as I tried to show the light emanating from the cross the resemblance stops there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back