Interview with God - Very inspiring

• Thread starter Thread starter Tradcat101
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the link! It was beautiful, I felt like crying! :o

I am definitely going to bookmark this and watch it again and again. It is a very inspiring reminder of so many things!

And, of course, thank you, God!

This is a partial quote from a book by that name I believeā€¦ I donā€™t remember who wrote it.

The online presentation is lovely.

40.png
Shiann:
This is a partial quote from a book by that name I believeā€¦ I donā€™t remember who wrote it.
Yes, it seems the words for both the presentation and the book are from the poem ā€œInterview with Godā€, written by anynomous

Noā€¦ this wasnā€™t just a poem. Maybe 10 years ago, there was an entire book written by a man who claimed he had been able to have an interview with God. If I remember right, there was a second book too.

It was very spiritual and it followed along the same lines as the ā€˜poemā€™ in this presentation, but it was more in depth.

A HAAAA!

I remembered just as I was typing this postā€¦ it was called Conversations with God. There were several books as I remember- all dealing with this guyā€™s Q and A session with God. I always considered the two to be related.

40.png
Shiann:
I remembered just as I was typing this postā€¦ it was called Conversations with God. There were several books as I remember- all dealing with this guyā€™s Q and A session with God. I always considered the two to be related.
Ah, yes, I remember that book! Although I recall having some issues with some of the things God said in that book . . . :eek: šŸ˜ƒ But it was quite a long time ago, I canā€™t remember much . . .

How did the author verify that this was from God? How do we know that it was not a case of ā€œautomatic writingā€ that was from a demon?

I heard this man talk about jis book earlier this year on the radio. I would have to go back online to see if I can find what show; it was on during the week in the Art Bell timeslot, but not Art Bell. The author was not a Christian and what he said seemed to be New Age babble.

40.png
Courtneyjo:
How did the author verify that this was from God? How do we know that it was not a case of ā€œautomatic writingā€ that was from a demon?
He actually answers that in the free sample section on the amazon.com website. Itā€™s a bit too long for me to quote, but basically he chooses to have faith in whatever source the words come from.

Itā€™s an interesting side-topic : how does God communicate with us? How can we interview Him, and how can we be sure itā€™s really Him? :eek:

It would seem the answer would be faith, but we know there are many people who have faith in the wrong things ā€¦

40.png
InSearchOfGod:
He actually answers that in the free sample section on the amazon.com website. Itā€™s a bit too long for me to quote, but basically he chooses to have faith in whatever source the words come from.
And thatā€™s really a problem, because ā€œwhatever sourceā€ is quite possibly demomic. Demons are very tricky. In the radio interview, excerpts of the book were read. And it sounded all very nice until things that raised red flags were said, things that were not Christian. They seemed more of the ā€œwhat you believe doesnā€™t matter as long as you find joy and love, whatever makes you happy, people donā€™t trust their experience enoughā€ variety of belief. I havenā€™t read the book, but automatic writing has to be suspect.

Try watching it without music. Thatā€™s what I did. Itā€™s not so inspiring that way. It seems like very watered-down Christianity.

40.png
Courtneyjo:
And thatā€™s really a problem, because ā€œwhatever sourceā€ is quite possibly demomic. Demons are very tricky. In the radio interview, excerpts of the book were read. And it sounded all very nice until things that raised red flags were said, things that were not Christian. They seemed more of the ā€œwhat you believe doesnā€™t matter as long as you find joy and love, whatever makes you happy, people donā€™t trust their experience enoughā€ variety of belief. I havenā€™t read the book, but automatic writing has to be suspect.
Very good point! As I said, I had some issues with it, as I found myself disagreeing with what God was telling him. :eek:

In Googling ā€œautomatic writingā€, I ran across something that said that the Ouija board is a form of automatic writing. This begs the question, if one would be wary of the results of a Ouija board, why not be wary of this book too? Just because it was written with pen and paper instead of Ouija board doesnā€™t make it any less suspect if the results are the same.

Yes music has a way of swaying us and impacting our emotions so that we overlook the real message. Good point, thanks.

40.png
atsheeran:
Try watching it without music. Thatā€™s what I did. Itā€™s not so inspiring that way. It seems like very watered-down Christianity.
The music really does make it. But I personally loved the photos, music, and the conversation (this part of the book was good at least). I guess you can take whatever you want from it. I chose to be inspired. šŸ‘

Yes, music always has somewhat of an emotional impact. I think it helps add to the inspiration, though for some it may be distracting, like music church.

40.png
atsheeran:
I totally agreeā€¦it is like the ā€œchicken soupā€ type spirituality that is so popular today. Many of the sayings were, in my opinion, inane. For example, the one about the rich manā€¦

40.png
Catilieth:
I totally agreeā€¦it is like the ā€œchicken soupā€ type spirituality that is so popular today. Many of the sayings were, in my opinion, inane. For example, the one about the rich manā€¦
Yeah, I guess the sayingsā€™ degree of inaneness (if thatā€™s a word) and inspiration depend on what emotions and experiences they draw out from you.

P.S. I like your sig! It is very true! šŸ™‚

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back