Is 2006 the year of anything?

• Thread starter Thread starter canadianlife
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

canadianlife

I was wondering if Pope Benedict XVI declared the year 2006 the year of anything such as “the Year of the Eucharist” Thanks

I heard something recently about vocations. I want to say it is the year to pray for vocations. But don’t quote me I could be wrong.

I thought I read recently it was the year of Grace but haven’t confirmed that…

I recall an Catholic Answers show over the summer which was speaking about the upcoming close of the Year of the Eucharist where the ‘expert’ said the “year of” being declared by a pope really is the exception not the norm, though because we were just coming off of of a very rare back-to-back “year of” now people are expecting another one…so…

we’ll see…

Well strike my previous post…

best I could come up with for “year of grace” was this from the vatican website:
  1. A year of grace, fervor and mystagogy
At the conclusion of these pages, after so many suggestions and proposals it is fitting to once more call to mind the most essential point, remembering what the Holy Father has said in the Apostolic Letter Mane nobiscum Domine about a “Year of grace”.

And that came from a document about the Year of the Eucharist. I guess until we see a similar document like this one from Pope Benedict 2006 is ‘just’ another year???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back