Is attending the Easter Vigil an obligation?

  • Thread starter Thread starter SomeCatholicGuy
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SomeCatholicGuy

Guest
Is attending the Easter Vigil an obligation, or will attending one of the Masses on Easter Sunday also fulfill this obligation? Thanks in advance!
 
It’s not an obligation, it’s a privilege!

But yes, attending on Sunday will of course satisfy your obligation.
 
The Easter Vigil fulfills the Easter Sunday obligation. Why not do both?
 
If the Easter Vigil Mass were an obligation, then every pastor would for space limitation reasons be denying lot of parishioners the opportunity to fulfill the obligation!
 
If you’ve never attended an Easter Vigil Mass I strongly urge you to go. It is so beautiful one can not really put it into words. We do both Easter vigil and Easter Sunday Mass. I promise you won’t be dissapponted.
 
Since when is receiving the Most Beautiful Gift in all Creation, The Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity of Our Lord Jesus Christ, an obligation?

It is truly a Precious Gift that we all too often ignore!

Sancta maria, Mater Dei, Ora Pro Nobis Peccatoribus!

Mark
 
Is attending the Easter Vigil an obligation, or will attending one of the Masses on Easter Sunday also fulfill this obligation? Thanks in advance!
Easter Vigil at Mt. Angel Seminary was an awesome experience. The 7 readings with chanting of monks in between is captivating. Then there is a lone lit candle and all the lights are dark. The vigil is timed so this moment happens near sunrise. At sunrise the bells start tolling and the lights come on. It is special.

After the vigil there was some pastries and muffins for people to eat. Then a nice drive home finishes the event. The rest of Easter Sunday is still before you and whatever family activities you might have planned.

I strongly urge people to try attending an Easter Vigil in your area.

God bless
 
Thank you all for your responses!
The Easter Vigil fulfills the Easter Sunday obligation. Why not do both?
I’m actually a Eucharistic Minister for one of the Sunday Masses, hence the thread.
If you’ve never attended an Easter Vigil Mass I strongly urge you to go. It is so beautiful one can not really put it into words. We do both Easter vigil and Easter Sunday Mass. I promise you won’t be dissapponted.
Yes, I was at the Easter Vigil last year and the year before. It was indeed very beautiful!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top