I
in_servitude
Guest
My lunch buddy (fellow Christian - but not Catholic) and I have a different opinion of Christ and his nature.
I assert that Christ, being human, is still incarnate/human.
My lunch buddy argues that God is “just spirit” and has no body, and is not human. In his view, Christ “took on” human form - and then took it off. While “Christ was living - he was both human and divine - now, he’s just divine.”
I asked my lunch buddy about the human soul of Christ - what happened to it? - he wasn’t sure. I asked about Christ’s post-resurrection body, and he argues that Christ somehow disposed of it by taking it off.
If he’s right, then I’ve been off base for a long time now - so I really want to understand this. If I’m right - can you suggest the best scripture references?
Thanks!!!
I assert that Christ, being human, is still incarnate/human.
My lunch buddy argues that God is “just spirit” and has no body, and is not human. In his view, Christ “took on” human form - and then took it off. While “Christ was living - he was both human and divine - now, he’s just divine.”
I asked my lunch buddy about the human soul of Christ - what happened to it? - he wasn’t sure. I asked about Christ’s post-resurrection body, and he argues that Christ somehow disposed of it by taking it off.
If he’s right, then I’ve been off base for a long time now - so I really want to understand this. If I’m right - can you suggest the best scripture references?
Thanks!!!