Is going clubbing considered bad?

• Thread starter Thread starter Oshiego_Rod
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Oshiego_Rod

Many young adults are going to the clubs for many different reasons. If the reason is to enjoy the company of friends and/or a signigant other without getting drunk or seeking out any lust, would this be appropriate behavior?

No. I never considered it bad. But I didn’t like unknown men trying to grope me either and call it dancing.

NO. As long as you don’t make a habbit of it. Clubbing, like poker, is not sinfull unless you let it control your life. Maybe you just want to go out dancing.:dancing:

I would think it is a near occasion…at least for men…We don’t just go out ‘dancing’, though I know many of my female friends do. They could care less about meeting a guy or acting sexual.

That said, I think if a group of married folks go out clubbing, it’s a little different, as they tend to dance and cut up with their significant other.

When you go clubbing, what is your goal. Most people do this for entertainment purposes. Much like gambling, it isn’t intrinsically sinful. However, the environment can be quite dangerous to those weak of faith (lacking internal apologetics). The surroundings can be an occasion to sin and this is why it is dangerous.

When you go clubbing, what is your goal. Most people do this for entertainment purposes. Much like gambling, it isn’t intrinsically wrong. However, the environment can be quite dangerous to those weak of faith (lacking internal apologetics). The surroundings can be an occasion to sin and this is why it is dangerous.

40.png
CatholicSamurai:
However, the environment can be quite dangerous to those weak of faith (lacking internal apologetics).
I totally agree with that statement, especially if you are weak in the area of lust. Remember Matthew 5:28 “But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.” :yup:

Aside from clubbing, this can apply to things we see in the media.

Oshiego Rod said:
Is going clubbing considered bad?

It depends on who you’re hitting with the club! :rotfl:

Sorry, I just couldn’t resist.

Could God be mentioned in a reverent way, according to the true faith, in that environment? If not, don’t go.

I just wanted to add this:

read Philippians 4:8. St. Paul tells us to consider pure and excellent things. I shall then let you reflect on that.

40.png
CatholicSamurai:
consider pure and excellent things
That is so hard to do nowadays with what is out there. What the media has been portraying lacks the substance of God, Church, family and the basic morals of society. Reality TV is not a reality that we should be looking at.

40.png
Timidity:
It depends on who you’re hitting with the club! :rotfl:

Sorry, I just couldn’t resist.
LoL! Nice to hear a humorous response.

Oshiego Rod:
That is so hard to do nowadays with what is out there. What the media has been portraying lacks the substance of God, Church, family and the basic morals of society. Reality TV is not a reality that we should be looking at.
I would counter that it was infinately more difficult at the time that Paul wrote it. After all, no one is executing you for following Christ.

And as decadant as American/European values have become, they still don’t hold a candle to the pagan culture in which Paul was writing, where, for example, brothels were religious temples, and going to one was considered a form or worship and sacrifice.

40.png
hosea:
if you mean seals…then yes. clubbing is bad.
Kill a seal, save 5000 salmon…

The Marine Mammal Protection Act never ceases to amuse me, given the phenomenal number of salmon they kill. The are notorious for comin into the harbors and attacking the returning salmon by biting out the belly area (where the eggs are) and discarding the rest of the fish…

But tree huggers are sort of off topic, aren’t they?

the facility with which posters on these forums digress from the original topic is phenomenal, I nominate the seal thing as the emmy award winner for digression, way to go.

Look folks, the conversation, dress, drinks, music etc. are designed to create a licentious environment. Don’t go to a whore house if you want to just sit and read magazines in the reception area.

If your faith is important to you, you would feel too uncomfortable to stay long at a club. It goes against the desire of moral excellence and holiness we are called to.

My advise is to avoid those things that may bring on an occassion of sin.

Chuck

40.png
puzzleannie:
the facility with which posters on these forums digress from the original topic is phenomenal, I nominate the seal thing as the emmy award winner for digression, way to go.
I am humbled in a digressive sort of way…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back